AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

Just watch Planes 2 doing over 100M :ph34r:

two things:

-I wouldn't be surprised if some other animated movie joins the summer lineup, there's room

-If no other animated films do join, Planes 2 will definitely increase over the first. For the people who already stopped paying attention to Planes, the first one is already up to 83M, and might wind up right around 90.

100 is very possible for the sequel.

Edited by kitik
  • Like 3

The first one didn't, and it didn't have great legs either.Don’t see why the next one would do any better. They should have released Planes: Fire & Rescue straight to Blu-Ray.

I fail to see how they'd make more money that way, even if it makes less than the first one. A worthy point...movies make a LOT more money from TV markets if they have a theatrical run. As long as the P&A spend is kept reasonable, there's much more upside if this hits theaters. These movies ain't that expensive.Sure, Planes didn't light the box office on fire...but it'll make what, 250m worldwide? It's hardly some money loser...the theatrical release was a success. Edited by kowhite

Wow I didn't expect this. Well I just hope it ends up being as good as it could have been. I don't think it is a matter of disagreements because apparently Peterson is still at Pixar and working on something else if the report I read is correct. I'm going to remain optimistic and just say things were going smoothly until they just hit a bump too big to get around without help. I'm sure things will be fine.

What Disney needs to do is go ahead and move Frozen to May 30th and get a restart and market it the right way now.

I really doubt Frozen moves at all. It has a much better chance of winning BAF this year than next year and its themes are more suited to the holidays than the summer. Plus I'm pretty sure Disney is marketing it exactly the way they want to right now.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

I'm sure they'll have a new one w/ Cloudy 2. It's not that late yet. Avatar's final trailer didn't come until a month and a half before release.

Actually releasing it with Cloudy 2 is a pretty good idea. They'd better give it a major push these next couple of months. I tell you that movie has great potential based on the things we've heard. ;)