AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

You go on a lot about how Pixar's "lost their sense of humor" so naturally you wouldn't like a trailer that didn't have any laughs.

Lost their sense of humor?

I don't even understand...are they supposed to be more like DWA? But...why? Why does everything animated have to be a damn comedy to some people? Take a chance Pixar, I'm with you!

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 3

You go on a lot about how Pixar's "lost their sense of humor" so naturally you wouldn't like a trailer that didn't have any laughs.

Ha I do think Pixar lacks sense of humor these days but whether there're laughs is not the only thing to judge a trailer for me. It's just this type of human & animal teaming up for an adventure type of animations dont really interest me. For the same reason I never liked Ratatouille, HTTYD, etc...

But I only speak for myself. I think kids will like it, especially after JW brought back their interests in dinos.

Lost their sense of humor?

I don't even understand...are they supposed to be more like DWA? But...why? Why does everything animated have to be a damn comedy to some people? Take a chance Pixar, I'm with you!

That's a weird statement, because old Pixar films (such as Toy Story, Finding Nemo) were funnier than DWA in the first place, IMO. Today's Pixar still knows how to tell a meaningful story instead of a pure comedy, but they are not as good at telling it in a humorous way as they used to be.

Ugh, that trailer's single-handedly hyped me up for a movie more than any I can think of in recent memory. Makes me want to apply for every single job listing at Pixar and use up the last bit of my savings to move to the Bay Area.

• Like 1

Ugh, that trailer's single-handedly hyped me up for a movie more than any I can think of in recent memory. Makes me want to apply for every single job listing at Pixar and use up the last bit of my savings to move to the Bay Area.

Move to the Bay Area?

You're going to need a bigger bank account.

But I hear the Pixar campus is amazing...and they give free fencing lessons! All I get is free chocolate. Mini size at that!

Edited by kowhite

Move to the Bay Area?

You're going to need a bigger bank account.

But I hear the Pixar campus is amazing...and they give free fencing lessons! All I get is free chocolate. Mini size at that!

Yeah, I know. It'd break me but at least I could say I tried.

You can just take the weekend off and visit the Pixar building(s) in Bay Area. Why buy the house when a visit is just as good? ;)

I'd need a lot more than a weekend from where I am. I do have a paid vacation in mid-November.

But anyway I don't think they do public tours.

For some reason the trailer reminded me of The Land before time. Meaning it's probably gonna be a tear-jerker.

I hear it's quite emotional.

Like...this might not have the legs as other Pixar cause it's not quite as funny type of drama.

I should be happy that most people seem to like the trailer, but god is it frustrating to have to wade through the same ol negative nancying from some of the bigger movie bloggers. Sometimes I wonder if people would ever be satisfied by any kind of Pixar trailer.

I mean, they've certainly had their missteps overall, but for my money their marketing department has been nailing it for the past year.

Why do you care tribe fan?

The movie bloggers are all hacks. Cum over Marvel and Nolan and Star Wars. Predictable.