AniNate

The Good Dinosaur | Peter Sohn | BR/DVD release 2-23-2016 | Pixar's first BO flop

I'm on my phone, but according to the El Capitan Theater (Disney's main theater) it's 92 minutes long.   Oh snap.    Sometimes they include the short which is 7 minutes long. Could TGD actually be 85 minutes with credits? There's only one Pixar movie under 90 min, and that's Toy Story.
The same site lists Inside Out's runtime as 95 minutes, which is its actual runtime
  • Like 1

It isn't, really. I have this fantasy about an epic, 2 hour plus Pixar film, but realistically this movie is focused on two characters for its entirety (one of them non speaking) with a simple goal, so there isn't much reason to stretch it beyond normal animated movie length

It isn't, really. I have this fantasy about an epic, 2 hour plus Pixar film, but realistically this movie is focused on two characters for its entirety (one of them non speaking) with a simple goal, so there isn't much reason to stretch it beyond normal animated movie length

I have the feeling you will get your 2h+ Pixar movie with Incredibles 2.

It is tracking above Inside Out OW. 100M 5 day OW confirmed. 

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/pixar-outdoes-itself-good-dinosaur-outpacing-megahit-inside-out-1201617758/

If it ends up being a excellent movie with great WOM I sense a 400M DOM hit incoming. It is gonna beat Frozen. Jurassic World is creating hits almost 6 months after it opened. 

The course correction for Pixar is gonna be devastating. Cars 3, Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4. We all know all of them will be crap anyway.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/pixar-outdoes-itself-good-dinosaur-outpacing-megahit-inside-out-1201617758/

If it ends up being a excellent movie with great WOM I sense a 400M DOM hit incoming. It is gonna beat Frozen. Jurassic World is creating hits almost 6 months after it opened. 

The course correction for Pixar is gonna be devastating. Cars 3, Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4. We all know all of them will be crap anyway.

CJohn when it does 90 for the 5 day and 390M:

"Fuck this shit, Thanksgiving is a terrible time to release."

• Like 1

You are getting ahead of yourself. TGD won't beat Frozen.

TGD might open big, but no way it has the killer legs of Frozen. Also Frozen had much weaker competation when it came out. Frozen faced a weakened Hobbit brand, while TGD's late legs will be hit hard by SW.

Cars 3 is going to be crap.

As mad as CJohn is, I could certainly see The Good Dinosaur opening big. I actually think if turns out amazing, it has the potential to make way more then Inside Out. Overseas should certainly be bigger.

Edited by FancyArcher
  • Like 1

I will say you have to officially give credit to marketing now. The emphasis on visuals and cuteness over comedy is working

Of course it is. Marketing has been phenomenal so far. Dinosaurs are hot right now and this shit looks cute as fuck. 

• Like 2