Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

11 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

nothing wrong with american made

It's not a great movie nor a huge moneymaking hit

Cruise is a legend but in the last decade or so, he doesn't have a strong track record outside of his franchises: The Mummy, Jack Reacher 2, Rock of Ages, Valkyrie.

I like Knight and Day but it surely wasn't a well-regarded hit. Oblivion is fine but also not a standout

35 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Even so, you make it sound like it’s gonna totally collapse and not just decrease by 20 million or something 

I’m at $100M China, $280M DOM and whatever else it makes OS

My logic is it makes $80M less in China but adds $60M+ DOM and does exactly the same in other OS markets 

That gets me to ~$760M

5 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

My logic is it makes $80M less in China but adds $60M+ DOM and does exactly the same in other OS markets 

That gets me to ~$760M

$300m dom, $150M China, $550M ROW. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

That gets me to ~$760M

I know we are seeing worst ER in Asia but I am not sure why you are printing this "$100M China". If Fast X can do $140M why not MI stay stable.

Current Local Experts are going with ¥1500M / $207M in China

• Like 1

Calm down guys!! The rating still could drop to 70s or rotten. We’re all still waiting for the influx of mixed reviews from critics that attended screening and social media reactions that Maggie saw to be added in the coming hours… 

Right??!! :ph34r:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Calm down guys!! The rating still could drop to 70s or rotten. We’re all still waiting for the influx of mixed reviews from critics that attended screening and social media reactions that Maggie saw to be added in the coming hours… 

200.gif

Maggie 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Imagine if it was even watchable and not just a turgid, dog-shit train-wreck. If it was McQ-level good, then the Dark Universe would have been MCU levels big.

In hindsight…thank Goodness it didn’t work out. We might not have had Fallout, Maverick and DR had Cruise and Mcquarrie been tied up with that thing or even if they happened, may not have been of the same quality.

I think Cruise and Mcquarrie took The Mummy’s public embarrassment personally and decided to avenge it by making some of the best crowd pleasing action blockbusters in modern history 

Edited by Algebra
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Some rave reviews too, 5 stars from both Guardian and Telegraph.

(I know people don’t always agree with those two - especially Robbie Collin, but they popped up on my twitter feed) 

That is impressive. Bodes well for the UK start. Guardian gave FALLOUT only 3 stars.

39 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Hey, easy on Maggie, I may have blocked her because her posts were irritating the hell out of me and I wanted her to stop posting some random Twitter user's opinions of the movie, but she admitted she is relieved with the scores so can we at least lay off the ragging for a bit? It's like half of the posts on here.

Edited by Austin