Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 1 | July 12 2023 | 99% on Rotten Tomatoes! | 290M budget so far, Cruise holding Paramount hostage for more money

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

DR's  imdb score dropped .2 in two days. It also has very few votes. It will considerably go down. I'm not  a time traveler, but i know how imdb score works. It will only go down from here

I predict a B+ cinemscore.

pi38ojxhy3801.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

If a Tom Cruise blockbuster from a massive franchise with 98-99% RT score amidst a sea of mid doesn’t leg out like crazy and gets trampled by a meme fomo culture, my faith in the future of theatrical exhibition is dead

Edited by Algebra
  • Like 8

23 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

cruise and mcq should just transition to sci/fi/fantasy action cause clearly people don't care about your practical action franchise no matter how good the movie is

Please elaborate. Last two practical action Cruise flicks had franchise best figures and broke records. How does that translate to don't care? 

16 minutes ago, Algebra said:

If a Tom Cruise blockbuster from a massive franchise with 98-99% RT score amidst a sea of mid doesn’t leg out like crazy and gets trampled by a meme fomo culture, my faith in the future of theatrical exhibition is dead

Spy genre has never been that big, especially not DOM. Skyfall is the only Bond film that made 1 Billie.

3 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Please elaborate. Last two practical action Cruise flicks had franchise best figures and broke records. How does that translate to don't care? 

fallout appears to be the peak of the series box office wise, in theory the followup to that film with such good reviews should be looking at record breaking numbers for the franchise and it doesn't appear to be the case

tgm was a bit of a special case, the pent up demand for it brought out old people who had otherwise abandoned theaters and the WOM was the best we've seen for a huge blockbuster since probably titanic

if a comic book movie/video game movie had the kind of reviews that DR pt 1 had, the presales would have exploded through the roof

9 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

fallout appears to be the peak of the series box office wise, in theory the followup to that film with such good reviews should be looking at record breaking numbers for the franchise and it doesn't appear to be the case

tgm was a bit of a special case, the pent up demand for it brought out old people who had otherwise abandoned theaters and the WOM was the best we've seen for a huge blockbuster since probably titanic

if a comic book movie/video game movie had the kind of reviews that DR pt 1 had, the presales would have exploded through the roof

Dude, you are making zero sense. All due respect, but you have zero logic in your statement. You avoided answering the question. What makes you think that people don't care about practical action? What evidence do you have that it's not breaking domestic franchise records?  

TGM had a great WoM, because the film delivered amazing practical action. 

Let me break it to you: MI is not a comic book movie. If my grandmother had wheels, she would be a bicycle.   

Edited by The Dark Alfred

45 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

cruise and mcq should just transition to sci/fi/fantasy action cause clearly people don't care about your practical action franchise no matter how good the movie is

True look at how well TG: Maverick did

Flying and ejecting out at Mach 10 :rofl:

50 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

cruise and mcq should just transition to sci/fi/fantasy action

None of these excite me. Do a normal movie, play a normal person. Even if it flops, it's still better than these constant action sequels.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

18 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Spy genre has never been that big, especially not DOM. Skyfall is the only Bond film that made 1 Billie.

Yeah. But TGM reinvigorated the action genre when it was only CBMs, T-rexes, Jedis and Disney remakes reaching stratospheric figures. With the exceptional critical reception for DR1, I am really expecting a massive run of $1B+ (maybe unrealistically so but still!) 

56 minutes ago, Lucas said:

After like 100 fresh reviews in a row it finally got its 3rd rotten with a catastrophic rating of... 3/5. This thing is so strong right now it might just make it back up to 99% soon lol. MetaCritic indeed is back up to 82/100.

It needs to reach 200 reviews to do that.

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

None of these excite me. Do a normal movie, play a normal person. Even if it flops, it's still better than these constant action sequels.

The last thing I wanna see is the best blockbuster director in the business rn and the biggest blockbuster movie star transition to doing $50m movies

• Like 1

Movie is breaking out in Asia. It'll do the same here. Cruise movies are slow moving trains. They start slow but eventually get there and once they get moving they're hard to stop. Word of mouth will kick in and by the time the weekend rolls in it'll start outperforming expectations.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

After like 100 fresh reviews in a row it finally got its 3rd rotten with a catastrophic rating of... 3/5. This thing is so strong right now it might just make it back up to 99% soon lol. MetaCritic indeed is back up to 82/100.

And Katie Walsh's 4/4 review for the Tribune News Service still needs to be added to MC, iirc. I predict the movie will end up around 79/80 MC and 95% RT when all is said and done

Just now, HesAPooka said:

Movie is breaking out in Asia. It'll do the same here. Cruise movies are slow moving trains. They start slow but eventually get there and once they get moving they're hard to stop. Word of mouth will kick in and by the time the weekend rolls in it'll start outperforming expectations.

The stupid release strategy is throwing everyone off..not just trade experts. It will let out and it might see very minimal 1st - 2nd weekend drop contrary to the consensus belief here

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

True look at how well TG: Maverick did

Flying and ejecting out at Mach 10 :rofl:

TGM is not reality. Maverick would have been kicked out of the Air Force a long time ago, the older you get the worst you get at flying jets, and anyone Cruise's age would not have Jennifer Connelly as a love interest.

It's more fantasy than the wizards and orcs in LOTR.

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

TGM is not reality. Maverick would have been kicked out of the Air Force a long time ago, the older you get the worst you get at flying jets, and anyone Cruise's age would not have Jennifer Connelly as a love interest.

It's more fantasy than the wizards and orcs in LOTR.

I'm sorry but ??????????????????????

They are literally less than 10 years apart.

4 minutes ago, Algebra said:

The last thing I wanna see is the best blockbuster director in the business rn and the biggest blockbuster movie star transition to doing $50m movies

I wouldn’t mind seeing Cruise doing a more character driven part now and again 

• Like 1