PatrickvD

The Pixar Club

They're all being overseen by members of the braintrust and I'd hope Lasseter wouldn't want to cause a rift among them.I don't really know why Disney'd be in a rush to get Nemo out, though. Bumping Cars 2 up was a matter of Newt not going anywhere and Brave being behind schedule. They'll all make money so long as they have time and effort put into them.

Edited by tribefan695

I think it sounds like Stanton's the one pushing for Nemo 2, Disney's probably just happy he brought it up and are like, "sure man, whatever, whenever you want, just make it happen. We'll be here crafting our merchandising and theme park upgrade plans if you need us..."

I never would have anticipated liking Madagascar 3 more than an original Pixar movie. It's achingly obvious Stanton is doing a Nemo sequel to get another shot at live action. But he's never going to get the creative freedom he had with John Carter again.

This is a repost from the original movie thread, cus I'm bored and I posted it there after it was buried "on the lot", which no one goes to--

"So....THIS plot idea for Finding Nemo 2 came to me when I was at work today (my job sucks, okay?).

To keep the whole idea of "Finding" Nemo and not being ridiculous with it, imagine this. We start with the same beginning as the first movie, but this time, we follow Coral, when she goes down to save her eggs. She never sees what happens to Marlin, and she escapes with only one egg, and never looks back after the monster fish chases her away. She names her baby Marlin Jr.

FAST FORWARD, to however long later the main story of Finding Nemo happens, right? The story of Marlin's journey across the ocean has been legend since it's happened, and living on some far away part of the sea, Coral hears about a clown fish's journey to save his son Nemo -- and she sets out to find Nemo, or Marlin Jr. does and she follows, or something like that.......

/time for bed."

I never would have anticipated liking Madagascar 3 more than an original Pixar movie.

It's achingly obvious Stanton is doing a Nemo sequel to get another shot at live action. But he's never going to get the creative freedom he had with John Carter again.

For good reason--he messed up JC bad. I don't get why these guys can't just keep making phenomenal animated movies. The process must be terribly exhausting or something :wacko:

That doesn't sound like a great story at all. Then again the boundaries between a cash-grabbing ill thought out sequel and a great follow up are very fine.Personally i agree with Gopher. Stanton has hurt pride and has hit a roadblock after the Carter disaster. He's selling out to get a second chance which is depressing.

Why don't they try to make an animated movie for adults? Most of the attempts that failed were just too cheap and unprofessional. For a budget of $75m a John Carter movie PG-13 could be a real gem and it has a market.

Meh, if he couldn't write a good script for a live action movie I doubt he would've been able to write one for an animated John Carter.

he might not be chosen one, but others couldTinTin was a little disappointment DOM, but why stop trying

Brad Bird needs to take over Pixar. He obviously has different ideas than current leadership.

@BradBirdA113: “@HaVaHa: when did original ideas become risky?”They haven't. The most profitable years for the film biz were when originals predominated.

Edited by whoot