MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

4 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Killing the kid would definitely be a great way to make Manta evil but the tone of the movie with the footage we've seen has a lot of wacky brother adventure energy which would be so weird if Arthur just lost his child

Yeah, killing the kid might just be too dark for what this film seems to want to be, and does not fit in well with the first film at all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

It's not like Warner gives a shit anymore, as this is a leftover from a dead regime and franchise and they have far bigger concerns right now. So I'm fully expecting the baby to die, and will be pleasantly surprised if the opposite happens.

Poblem is they  have a lot of money wrapped up in this film. They are not going to write it off the way they could a film with a lesser budget.

If the film is as much fun as the first film, it will do fine. I honestly thingk the whole DC is Toxic routine is really overestimatd by fanboys.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

So, is this gonna be the "Mother!" of DC? F CinemaScore incoming for Aquaman? Killing a baby is a big no? 

Anyway, this is a movie and we're talking about test screenings and everyone is assuming there were walkouts because of a scene that everyone assumes it's about a baby getting killed. Remember, these are the same scoopers that said The Flash was the best comic book movie since TDK

James Wan is a very competent director and he knows what he's doing. I think the movie will be fine. Many people are just jumping into conclusions, based on tweets and scoops from some users that are sometimes reliable, sometimes not. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, is this gonna be the "Mother!" of DC? F CinemaScore incoming for Aquaman? Killing a baby is a big no? 

Anyway, this is a movie and we're talking about test screenings and everyone is assuming there were walkouts because of a scene that everyone assumes it's about a baby getting killed. Remember, these are the same scoopers that said The Flash was the best comic book movie since TDK

James Wan is a very competent director and he knows what he's doing. I think the movie will be fine. Many people are just jumping into conclusions, based on tweets and scoops from some users that are sometimes reliable, sometimes not. 

True, but every director eventualy strikes out at bat and has a failure.

I am not saying that will happen here, but Wan is not infalible. No director is.

I think If Wan is trying to take Aquaman 2 in a darker direction, maybe include horror elements, he might be making a mistake simply because it is not what people are expecting inan Aquaman movie after the first one.

God, anybody else remember when an "Aquaman" movie was a running joke on "Enterouge" involving James Cameron yet?

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Test Screening have been going on since the Silent Day, what is new is the public focus on them.

Until fairly recently only people who cared about test screenings was the studio invovled.

The whole purpose of a test screenng..as opposed to a sneak preview which is something completly different,is to get how an audience reacts to a film, and what changes need to be made. Problem is, of course, that sometimes just too much is wrong with a film. I am NOT saying that is the case with Aquaman 2, but sometimes the flaws are just too deep to be fixed ujless you wnat to rewrite and reshoot the entire movie..

I said the obsession with test screenings started in 2016, and I was specifically referring to the obsession that people places on the Internet have with them. 

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I said the obsession with test screenings started in 2016, and I was specifically referring to the obsession that people places on the Internet have with them. 

What gets to me is some people on the internet don't get the diffrence between a test screening and a Preview/Advanced screening.

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I remember hearing about reactions to screenings back in 2012 when Avengers was about to come out. 

33 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Same.

But also, it's a damn movie. Kill the stupid kid. May as well poison the wells and burn the fields as the DCEU is dying.

Better be!

Like, I am NOT a conservative or Republican, yuck.

I've always been one of the most liberal bitches in this forum, I used to get in fights over it, LMAO.

Yeah, I hope they kill the kid and let Mera thrive. ❤️

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HummingLemon said:

the screenings calling this awful are probably just as accurate as the ones calling Flash the best CBM ever or something

And some pretty awful films have made huge amounts of money and some very good films have bombed.