FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s - CM 14.6m

2 minutes ago, IcarusReborn said:

You don't have to be an alt-right Youtuber to not like the direction Disney took Star Wars or Captain Marvel. I'm black and definitely not alt-right, and I found both movies filled with SJW nonsense. And Brie Larson has a long history of saying very off putting things. 

no you dont have but to hate something and wanted to fail and call other people who really like it shills and idiots and etc its bad

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, IcarusReborn said:

You don't have to be an alt-right Youtuber to not like the direction Disney took Star Wars or Captain Marvel. I'm black and definitely not alt-right, and I found both movies filled with SJW nonsense. And Brie Larson has a long history of saying very off putting things. 

Then be put off and stop complaining about a movie and franchise that you apparently care little about 

6 minutes ago, IcarusReborn said:

Perfectly in your right. Certainly hasn't effected the box office so far in the least though.

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Perfectly in your right. Certainly hasn't effected the box office so far in the least though.

why would it ? bc a minority of people hates ? even if it has the worst legs ever it wont be bc of the hate (not talking about the people who didnt like it)

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Ah yes, the genuine outrage, which has consisted of Brie Larson talking about movie critics specifically (meaning she's not referring to the audience members), referring to an entirely different movie, and alt-right YouTubers twisting her words to say "BRIE LARSON DOESN'T WANT WHITE MALES TO SEE CAPTAIN MARVEL!!!" despite her saying 3 times during the entire speech that caused this fake outrage that she has nothing against white males.

I've actually seen a lot of people saying "BRIE LARSON HATES WHITE MALES", period. Even though what she said is (to my understanding) that she didn't think white males' opinions on a film made for the black female audience (A Wrinkle In Time) are as valid as those of black women themselves - which, while I understand that the film has greater meaning for those black women for obvious reasons, is kinda bullshit, since a movie is a movie regardless of who it's made for, and the fact that white males are the polar opposite of black women perhaps makes them just as well qualified to judge a film like AWIT, given that they won't have the same gender/race-importance bias - and that the critic circle needed more diversity beyond white males. But she never fucking said she didn't want white males to see AWIT or especially Captain Marvel, or that she hated them. For God's sake, she was engaged to one for years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Nothing was going to dampen this movie's opening week. Marvel's last flick just a month before Endgame and starring its first female lead? This movie was always going to do relatively well just from the curiosity factor. I predicted Captain Marvel would do at least around $900 million because of these factors it had going for it. Admittedly, some people love this movie. However, there are a lot of people who saw it and didn't like it at all. I don't see strong legs for this. 

• Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I've actually seen a lot of people saying "BRIE LARSON HATES WHITE MALES", period. Even though what she said is (to my understanding) that she didn't think white males' opinions on a film made for the black female audience (A Wrinkle In Time) are as valid as those of black women themselves - which, while I understand that the film has greater meaning for those black women for obvious reasons, is kinda bullshit, since a movie is a movie regardless of who it's made for, and the fact that white males are the polar opposite of black women perhaps makes them just as well qualified to judge a film like AWIT, given that they won't have the same gender/race-importance bias - and that the critic circle needed more diversity beyond white males. But she never fucking said she didn't want white males to see AWIT or especially Captain Marvel, or that she hated them. For God's sake, she was engaged to one for years.

If you have to say "I'm not saying I don't like white dudes" three times I think you've probably haven't really thought out what you were going to say in the first place.

• Like 2

She never said "white male critic opinions don't matter for AWIT."  She said she wanted to hear what it meant to woman of color critics, which is the audience the film is intended for.  Nowhere did she say that white men aren't qualified to review it.  All she's asking for is a different perspective.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, IcarusReborn said:

Nothing was going to dampen this movie's opening week. Marvel's last flick just a month before Endgame and starring its first female lead? This movie was always going to do relatively well just from the curiosity factor. I predicted Captain Marvel would do at least around $900 million because of these factors it had going for it. Admittedly, some people love this movie. However, there are a lot of people who saw it and didn't like it at all. I don't see strong legs for this. 

thats subjective and i have see hundreds reaction from last thursday and the majority really like it not everyone though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JB33 said:

MCU 2nd weekend drops:

Spoiler

Iron Man 48.1%

The Incredible Hulk 60.1%

Iron Man 2 59.4%

Thor 47.2%

Captain America: The First Avenger 60.7%

The Avengers 50.3%

Iron Man 3 58.4%

Thor: The Dark World 57.3%

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 56.6%

Guardians of the Galaxy 55.3%

Avengers: Age of Ultron 59.4%

Ant-Man 56.5%

Captain America: Civil War 59.5%

Doctor Strange 49.5%

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 55.5%

Spider-Man: Homecoming 62.2%

Thor: Ragnarok 53.5%

Black Panther 44.7%

Avengers: Infinity War 55.5%

Ant-Man and the Wasp 61.6%

Captain Marvel ????

MCU first entry 2nd Weekend
Drop
MCU sequel 2nd Weekend
Drop
Spider-Man: Homecoming 62.2% Ant-Man and the Wasp 61.6%
Captain America: The First Avenger 60.7% Captain America: Civil War 59.5%
The Incredible Hulk 60.1% Iron Man 2 59.4%
Ant-Man 56.5% Avengers: Age of Ultron 59.4%
Guardians of the Galaxy 55.3% Iron Man 3 58.4%
The Avengers 50.3% Thor: The Dark World 57.3%
Doctor Strange 49.5% Captain America: The Winter Soldier 56.6%
Iron Man 48.1% Avengers: Infinity War 55.5%
Thor 47.2% Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 55.5%
Black Panther 44.7% Thor: Ragnarok 53.5%
average 53.5% average 57.7%
median 52.8% median 57.9%
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Then be put off and stop complaining about a movie and franchise that you apparently care little about 

What? Now you're going to tell me what movies and franchises I care about? You're a mind reader? I am a huge Star Wars and Marvel fan. I've been wanting a Captain Marvel movie for a long time. It's one of the movies I was most looking forward to, much more than Black Panther, a character I never really got into until his movie. 

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

She never said "white male critic opinions don't matter for AWIT."  She said she wanted to hear what it meant to woman of color critics, which is the audience the film is intended for.  Nowhere did she say that white men aren't qualified to review it.  All she's asking for is a different perspective.

I don't get why people don't just post the quote when talking about it instead of posting their (most likely biased) interpretation of it.

• Like 2