FlashMaster659

Tuesday #s - CM 14.6m

Gee I didn't know the channel I posted was so bad, sorry for giving them free promotion.

Now I know. It's useless to edit it out at this point, 6 people quoted me :ph34r:

Thing is, I saw the title, and went pretty much like :hahaha:  

Posted it here for the LUL

Then I read the youtube comments and went like :winomg:  

Then read the comments on BOT and went like  :apocalypse:

Now I'm like :whosad:

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Plus, have Evans or Ruffalo ever said anything that could be easily twisted into "I hate such or such members of the film's potential audience"?? 

No.  But then again, neither did Brie Larson.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Yea that number seems too high 

No clown, for us to know if it made more or less than it was supposed to we would have to know how much it was supposed to make in the first place...which we don't. Now if you're just trying to be edgy/funny may I suggest that you not quit your day job. It's not working out for you.

Hey folks, just a quick little plug for the Most Anticipated Movies thread. Usually its some variation of the same group of people who semi-regularly post their lists in that thread, but new posters and new lists are always welcome, the more variety the better. The more voters the better. Doesn't matter if you're interested in Frozen and Star Wars, or Child's Play and Terminator.

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/667-box-office-theorys-most-anticipated-films/?page=364

Just give a list of your 10 most anticipated movies of the next year. And if you can only think of 9, feel free to look at other people's lists to see if something catches your eye.

1 hour ago, IcarusReborn said:

You don't have to be an alt-right Youtuber to not like the direction Disney took Star Wars or Captain Marvel. I'm black and definitely not alt-right, and I found both movies filled with SJW nonsense. And Brie Larson has a long history of saying very off putting things. 

A black person who uses "SJW" as a pejorative? That's very unfortunate. Quite hilarious too since CM has very little "SJW content."

Anyhow, I'd say the floor for this weekend is around 68-70M, could see it going as high 75M. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

People need to realize how few people that see movies in the GA are even remotely aware of the Brie Larson stuff.

And those who are LOVE THE SHIT out of her and her "stuff". Brie is a blessing, just like Evans, Cheadle, Derrickson, Downey, Gunn, Jackson and Ruffallo. And no, she won't be silenced. 

• Like 1

Ok people don't push too far your X so you are supposed to think Y narrative. (Obviously this is an anonymous message board and anything can happen, but I would not be surprised if hundreds of thousand of English speaking black male use SJW that way on a daily basis around the world)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LexJoker said:

CM needs to make as much bank as possible till next week. "US' reviews are crazy, could be a mini-event.

The weekend after-Dumbo.

And then - Shazam.

Don't worry, she will be fine. CM is going for that $450m+ dom and deserves every penny out of it. 

1 hour ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

One thing is quite clear from this Brie Larson thing: when the press tour for the sequel stars, I bet you that she will have a meeting with Marvel studios so they ensure that none of her interview responses include ANYTHING about any social group, social ills, or social issues, period.

If they didn't do it when she was a bit of an uncertain entity, bit of an hard time thinking it will work on a sequels of a 455m global openers, everything indicate the it helped the movie more than hurt it, if  it does anything at all.

And it is not easy for interview response to social group /ills/issues questions to be empty of them in the response.

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

Gee I didn't know the channel I posted was so bad, sorry for giving them free promotion.

Now I know. It's useless to edit it out at this point, 6 people quoted me :ph34r:

Thing is, I saw the title, and went pretty much like :hahaha:  

Posted it here for the LUL

Then I read the youtube comments and went like :winomg:  

Then read the comments on BOT and went like  :apocalypse:

Now I'm like :whosad:

There are many bad-faith actors on Youtube spreading false information.