CJohn

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore | April 15, 2022 | Final Trailer on Page 75

57 minutes ago, ViewerAnon said:

But all of those people said I was wrong when I said it wasn't in there :P 

In fact, some people said there was another screening with Rio, not that first..

But yeah, we won't have Rio and the movie will suck.. 

All my hopes are now gone 

On 9/28/2021 at 5:44 PM, Rogerio said:

I forgot to use the spoiler tag before, OMG...

But now I´ll use it.. the guy on Reddit gave some information about the movie.. 

Reveal hidden contents

Hey Viewer, could you tell me if that is true?

It seems reliable to me...

4 hours ago, Rogerio said:

That's good 

I know the reactions were a disaster, but at least it seems better than FB2

Just going off of the answers you received from the reddit guy I also believe that this third movie will be a good improvement over the 2nd, but it also seems like some of the issues that were in the previous movies are unfortunately also in this one such as mixing the magical creature stuff with the grimdark magic politics. But still, I think it will do alright.

13 hours ago, Rogerio said:

In fact, some people said there was another screening with Rio, not that first..

But yeah, we won't have Rio and the movie will suck.. 

All my hopes are now gone 

Are you fucking kidding me? Your expectation for this movie to be good was Rio? Of all things. 

12 hours ago, Rogerio said:

That's good 

I know the reactions were a disaster, but at least it seems better than FB2

Stop with the fucking dramatic shit. I'm sorry for being cross, but you need to stop being so dramatic. And you know it. 

8 hours ago, clockwork said:

Just going off of the answers you received from the reddit guy I also believe that this third movie will be a good improvement over the 2nd, but it also seems like some of the issues that were in the previous movies are unfortunately also in this one such as mixing the magical creature stuff with the grimdark magic politics. But still, I think it will do alright.

If the rumors that the

Qilin has a role to play in the election process, that would be a very neat way of joining the beasts and politics.

2 hours ago, Noctis said:

Are you fucking kidding me? Your expectation for this movie to be good was Rio? Of all things. 

No 

But if the reactions from the screening were not good, I just had the hope they had more content they didn't include in it, and that maybe this would be a sign the movie could be better than what was screened 

So, when I knew there was a second screening that had Rio, I had even more hope on that..  but we won't have Rio, so the "second screening" was a lie 

5 hours ago, Noctis said:

If the rumors that the

Hide contents

Qilin has a role to play in the election process, that would be a very neat way of joining the beasts and politics.

Eh, idk it stills feels kinda contrived to me, I'd rather the beasts and politics not mix too closely. It also still feels contrived having Newt be involved in this Dumbledore and Grindelwald conflict, they've not done a good job showing whats his personal stake in that conflict beyond him tangentially knowing Dumbledore. Is Dumbledore even paying him?

Edited by clockwork

3 hours ago, clockwork said:

Eh, idk it stills feels kinda contrived to me, I'd rather the beasts and politics not mix too closely. It also still feels contrived having Newt be involved in this Dumbledore and Grindelwald conflict, they've not done a good job showing whats his personal stake in that conflict beyond him tangentially knowing Dumbledore. Is Dumbledore even paying him?

And not just internal Wizarding World politics.If you set a film in 1939, there is no freaking way you can avoid what is happening i the normal world not impacting what is happening in the Wizarding World. And not that Rowling has been reluctant to use the Potterverse to make social comments..it's no coincidence that the Wizarding World government after Voldemor takes over is full of thinly veiled references to Nazi Germany.....I can't see her ignoring World War 2 starting.

But I agree it has to be carefully handled.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

And not just internal Wizarding World politics.If you set a film in 1939, there is no freaking way you can avoid what is happening i the normal world not impacting what is happening in the Wizarding World. And not that Rowling has been reluctant to use the Potterverse to make social comments..it's no coincidence that the Wizarding World government after Voldemor takes over is full of thinly veiled references to Nazi Germany.....I can't see her ignoring World War 2 starting.

But I agree it has to be carefully handled.

I don't think this film is taking place in 1939. The last film took place in 1928 so I imagine this film will take place only a couple of years later, like around 1932 is my rough guess. And tbh I'm not really down with this series going into world war 2, especially when the title of the series is Fantastic Beasts, just doesn't really mesh well to me.

I'll say this, though...and focusing on the topic itself solely.

Rowling had every right to explode and get aggravated when people claimed she was queer-baiting when Yates said Dumbledore's sexuality was "not explicitly" stated in the second film. Even though it was far more explicit than people expected. She expressed there were more films...and she was right.

I don't care if it's a spoiler, but

Dumbledore and Grindelwald both explicitly say they were in love.

Does anyone else believe she doesn't mean to be anti-trans in the way some people make her to be? Not that I blame any trans or anyone who has trans friends/family...they are the more important factor here...

But I genuinely believe she actually is pro-trans but anti-sex labeling below 18.

I'm sorry...this might be one of my most important posts here...I truly do love Rowling.

Rowling was a place of safety for me growing up, but recently, I have to realize that there are trans people who suffered immensely because of her words...

I try to be a good person, and I TRULY believe Rowling is and that the transgender issue has been significantly misinformed...but I need to say that if anyone has been hurt, then I am sorry.

Please forgive me...but she has been a place of home for me.