The Wild Eric

Megalopolis l September 27, 2024 | Lionsgate | Francis Ford Coppola's future magnum opus l CINEMA HAS BEEN SAVED

6 minutes ago, justnumbers said:

I only think they got in it because they can afford to miss. No Way otherwise.

I mean they aren't like MGM where they've had financial difficulties, but this is objectively their biggest release of the year. There's not much to pick up any slack

38 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Also weird that the IMAX of it all was so stressed when The Wild Robot is also getting IMAX that week so they'll have to share? Lionsgate already bungled this.

Though honestly it's going to gross like $5mil total so whatever

I think the Interstellar re-release had the IMAX screens taken already before Wild Robot moved there.

29 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is headed for a single digits total regardless of when it comes out so might as well accept what you can get.

with that cast? and as crazy as it sounds?

marketing (as a discipline) is dead if they can't get it to 25 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

Deadline clarifies it was not acquired by Lionsgate, this is rather a distribution deal.

Deadline hears this is a distribution deal for Lionsgate. Coppola will own the movie, which is the case for many of his films under his American Zoetrope banner.

https://deadline.com/2024/06/megalopolis-lionsgate-francis-ford-coppola-1235975886/

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean they aren't like MGM where they've had financial difficulties, but this is objectively their biggest release of the year. There's not much to pick up any slack

LG has Michael to pick up the slack next year.

you've got a a highly divisive movie by one of the masters that is supposedly capable of giving people brain damage; if youre lionsgate, surely you at least have to try, even if just a little bit, to make it a hit

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

you've got a a highly divisive movie by one of the masters that is supposedly capable of giving people brain damage; if youre lionsgate, surely you at least have to try, even if just a little bit, to make it a hit

Unfortunately, I think it's hard to get people to turn out for divisive movies now.

He’s also not getting his 100M marketing budget that he wanted. Instead, he has to pay for the marketing himself, which would typically be 15-20M for this kind of rollout.

Guess he has to let go of his ego after the reviews dropped.

On 6/17/2024 at 10:27 AM, TomThomas said:

Always loved Lionsgate, underrated studio, so I'm happy they saved this one. People should be grateful it wasn't dumped to streaming.

Some people in this thread don't seem to care if this gets a release or not. 

And that is a shame.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

Coppola doesn't need any sympathy. He knew what he was in for making this, he's very well off regardless and it's because of his reputation that any studio is giving this a chance at all.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

I told you guys. There had to be something here for Lionsgate to get it.

1500 screens, 15-20M marketing from Coppola himself.

No studio would put anything into this. Lionsgate is now most definitely not even moving their movies.

Edited by justnumbers

15 minutes ago, justnumbers said:

I told you guys. There had to be something here for Lionsgate to get it.

1500 screens, 15-20M marketing from Coppola himself.

No studio would put anything into this. Lionsgate is now most definitely not even moving their movies.

I am now sadly convinced some people here just hate Coppola for some reason.

• ...wtf 1