Ezen Baklattan

CAYOM Year VI - Advanced Schedule (Phase 1)

Advanced Schedule in Phases  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• Yes - let's do this again next year!
    • No - the experiment had failed!

The players of this game in general IMO place far too much value on having an existing IP, regardless of its relative obscurity or how much sense it makes as a Hollywood feature. That's all I'll say on the topic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Xillix said:

The players of this game in general IMO place far too much value on having an existing IP, regardless of its relative obscurity or how much sense it makes as a Hollywood feature. That's all I'll say on the topic.

The only film I have this year that fits this is duck hunt, which my internal projections are around smallfoot level. So I 100% agree with you lol

3 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Honestly on my end, it’s sometimes more of a case where I want to take the source material and spin something unique out of it. With Bounty Hamster and XJ-9, I’m using the shows more as a springboard to explore something different. I rarely if ever do straight adaptations. (Although Lumberjanes will be close to one.)

Generally though, I prefer doing original blockbusters. I feel like I have more control of the material that way.

I mean my slate is mostly adaptations for Y6 too, but it's because I like working with the material/universes. What I mean is purely that having a brand, any brand, tends to have an outsized effect on in-game box office returns.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blankments said:

Impossible to compete with established brands that have already broken out hugely 

Depends on what you bring to the year of the pastry aka Y7.

The guru will make no preemptive judgement.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xillix said:

Tintin 2 pretty much fits the description but I’m not really expecting anything higher than $120M DOM for it. I feel like Smallfoot numbers for it seems right.

• Like 1

Here are my most anticipated films of Y6 (in no particular order except for one)

Carmen's Voyage

Daughters

DragonBorns

Eyes

Lightspeed

Pikmin

Red Dead Redemption

Star Fox

Voicemail

Wallace and Gromit: A Data with Destiny

Yup. Everyone gets a shoutout on the list :)And my super obvious #1 pick is...

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=12048518

Spark: A Hero's Promise

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Most anticipated from everyone:

@4815162342 - Red Dead Redemption - as the game and your writing is golden

@Alpha - Star Fox - the way it’s being described and what we’ve seen so far and the PG-13 rating has me very intrigued on how you’ll handle it.

@Blankments - that KFC joint with Brenda Song sounds dope

@Blankments/EGK - Carmen’s Voyage: I love Animation, the talent seems good, and By The Balls and Olive The Other Reindeer were excellent (starting to come around to this being on top animation wise for box office)

@cookie - DragonBorns - me likey dragons and Shamiek The God Moore, just don’t annihilate Tintin

@Ethan Hunt - Daughters - reminds me of a Sci-fi version of Earthsong so far and I From what we’ve heard seems it’ll be different from traditional sci-fi.

@Reddroast - Lightspeed - Space NASCAR also seems fun

@Rorschach - My Hero Academia - it was a toss up between it, that Reeves project and the Wes Anderson joint but I need best girl Toga like @Xillix needs wolfy boi.

@Slambros - Pikmin - I’m the most interested in what you’ll do with this as aside from Olimar their won’t be a lot of dialogue as well as the religious subtext.

@Spaghetti - Spark: A Hero’s Promise - Personally I would’ve been more interested in Shuri goes white or Line Break or even XJ-9 but I’ve read the outline and know it has potential to be one of the sci-fi epic greats.

@Xillix - Friday the 13th - You have made some excellent horror movies in the game and perhaps some of the best and I can’t wait to see how you handle something so iconic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My most anticipated from everyone:

@4815162342 - The Most Wanted Man in Great Britain - You have so many interesting projects planned, but this one intrigues me the most because of its director, Thomas Vinterburg; he's made a lot of really good films!

@Alpha - Star Fox - I really like Star Fox a lot! Can't wait to see your take on it!

@Blankments - Children of Eden - I'm excited to see your take on a Biblical Epic!

Blankments/EGK - Carmen's Voyage - I'm very intrigued by the premise of the film, and By The Balls was one of my favorite films from Y4!

@cookie DragonBorns - You have a gift with telling ambitious fantasy stories, so I'm really excited for this. Can't wait to pre-read it!

@Ethan Hunt - Daughters - I love original sci-fi, and this sounds like a project that could easily turn a lot of heads.

@Reddroast - Lightspeed - Tough choice between this, Mob Psycho 100, and Kirby, but I'm still very interested in this one. I love original sci-fi, and I love sports films, so this one's right up my alley.

@Rorschach - Penpal - This was very close between many of your films, but I've actually heard of the source material before, and I can't help but be intrigued by what this story might be.

@Spaghetti - Spark: A Hero's Promise - I'm very invested in this saga, and I'm sure this climax is going to be epic.

@Xillix - Nights into Dreams - I was the nerdy kid that dwelled on the mystery and unique feel of the old SEGA franchises that don't get sequels anymore. I don't know much about the game other than the basic premise and the role of the character, but I'm definitely very interested in reading this one. The 3rd Amityville and the 3rd Silent Hill weren't too far behind.

Edit (because I initially forgot 😬) :

@YourMother the Edgelord - The Phoenix Saga: Worlds Unknown -  It sounds like you'll be building a whole world with this franchise, and that's incredibly exciting to me!

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Slambros said:

@Rorschach - Penpal - This was very close between many of your films, but I've actually heard of the source material before, and I can't help but be intrigued by what this story might be.

It’s a story that’s very close to my heart in a lot of ways. I’m hoping it resonates with everyone else too. :) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slambros said:

@4815162342 - The Most Wanted Man in Great Britain - You have so many interesting projects planned, but this one intrigues me the most because of its director, Thomas Vinterburg; he's made a lot of really good films!

@Alpha - Star Fox - I really like Star Fox a lot! Can't wait to see your take on it!

@Blankments - Children of Eden - I'm excited to see your take on a Biblical Epic!

Blankments/EGK - Carmen's Voyage - I'm very intrigued by the premise of the film, and By The Balls was one of my favorite films from Y4!

@cookie DragonBorns - You have a gift with telling ambitious fantasy stories, so I'm really excited for this. Can't wait to pre-read it!

@Ethan Hunt - Daughters - I love original sci-fi, and this sounds like a project that could easily turn a lot of heads.

@Reddroast - Lightspeed - Tough choice between this, Mob Psycho 100, and Kirby, but I'm still very interested in this one. I love original sci-fi, and I love sports films, so this one's right up my alley.

@Spaghetti - Spark: A Hero's Promise - I'm very invested in this saga, and I'm sure this climax is going to be epic.

@Xillix - Nights into Dreams - I was the nerdy kid that dwelled on the mystery and unique feel of the old SEGA franchises that don't get sequels anymore. I don't know much about the game other than the basic premise and the role of the character, but I'm definitely very interested in reading this one. The 3rd Amityville and the 3rd Silent Hill weren't too far behind.

What about me?

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

6 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

What about me?

tenor.gif?itemid=4550445

Spoiler

Sorry about that!

My most anticipated of yours is The Phoenix Saga: Worlds Unknown. It sounds like you'll be building a whole world with this franchise, and that's incredibly exciting to me!

I'll add it to the list up there!

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Rorschach said:

Here are my most anticipated films of Y6 (in no particular order except for one)

DragonBorns

12 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Most anticipated from everyone:

@cookie - DragonBorns - me likey dragons and Shamiek The God Moore, just don’t annihilate Tintin

11 hours ago, Slambros said:

DirtyUnitedAsianporcupine-size_restricte

• Like 1
  • Haha 4