kayumanggi

DHD Saturday: 12.3 M 21 JUMP STREET | 8.7 M THE LORAX | 5.6 M JOHN CARTER

Reminds me of the Spanish who wanted to throw things at the screen playing Alatriste because of Viggo Mortensens bad Spanish. They retaliated by naming him the worst actor of that year. And the movie bombed. So Hollywood should stop stealing roles form locals since they obviously can`t do better. It`s all huge ego trip and nothing more.

Relax! This was intentional. If you would watch the movie, it's hilarious, you would understand.

Relax! This was intentional. If you would watch the movie, it's hilarious, you would understand.

Are you talking about Casa or Alatriste? The latter is terrible so I`ve no desire to waste my time. Edited by fishnets

It kinda sorta is. It's weekday legs are good, but its weekend ones have been less than stellar for an animated/family movie. Might be because of the strong environmental/political message of the movie.

Why would that effect the weekends, but not the weekdays?

It has to have a strong Sunday because this was a one opener weekend. Everything should have had better drops.Yeah, SPD affected some movies, but on the whole if SPD were the reason then the Sunday holds should be stronger. Typically though, movies are simply affected and the potential audience to see the movie on the day is lost. Let's see if 2012 is any different.

Official weekend estimate: $13.5 million for 'John Carter' from 3,749 locations. Location avg. = $3,605.Official weekend estimate: $840,000 for 'Jeff Who Lives at Home' from 254 locations. Location avg. = $3,307.Official weekend estimate: $35.0 million for '21 Jump Street' from 3,121 locations. Location avg. = $11,214.https://twitter.com/#!/Boxoffice