Cappoedameron

Welcome to the stadium. Get ready for the ultimate showdown. Pikachu vs Endgame. Bring all your skills. Bring all your courage. The Pokemon match of all time is here.

7 hours ago, Tinalera said:

I mentioned this in weekend thread...i think pika will have that "well this is different" vibe going for it. I think Pika outdoes endgame in its open weekend. Close but ill say Pika 95.3 ....endgame 89.2

7 hours ago, Brinatico said:

Pika 100M > EG 85M

Either of these would be so cool to see!

47 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

OUT. Pikachu isn’t showing in my honest opinion when tracking at my theater, the traction it needs for an OW over $70M+ when compared to other family/animated films.

What's your prediction for OW? I was thinking 65 +/- 2.5 million depending on reviews/wom

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

What's your prediction for OW? I was thinking 65 +/- 2.5 million depending on reviews/wom

I’ll do mine later in the afternoon.

Again this is judging off of my theater(s).

• Like 1

Okay so now we know what kind of drop Endgame had in it's 2nd weekend. It had a -59.5%  drop.

So with that knowledge now we look towards Endgames 3rd weekend and Pikachu's opening weekend. Which right now it's tracking range is literally ridiiculous. Anywhere from 55M all the way to 80M. 

And both Infinity War and Avengers had horrific movies opening against them and they kept -45%. Now Pikachu unlike those other films is competition. So this could truly end up being a battle.

OUT.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron fell 50% on its third weekend against Pitch Perfect and Mad Max (both of the openers combine to $115M) and while Pikachu is more family skewing and can make a case for direct competition I can’t see Endgame falling lower than that and at my theaters at least seems to be heading towards a $50M-$60M OW for Pikachu. 

25 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

OUT.

Avengers: Age Of Ultron fell 50% on its third weekend against Pitch Perfect and Mad Max (both of the openers combine to $115M) and while Pikachu is more family skewing and can make a case for direct competition I can’t see Endgame falling lower than that and at my theaters at least seems to be heading towards a $50M-$60M OW for Pikachu

My theater is almost sold out for friday and saturday shows so...what do I make of that? I say it's heading for a 70-80M OW. 

BTW I was more referring to Avengers which had Battleship and Infinity War which had Life of the Party and Breaking In. Both movies were at -45%. Pikachu unlike those other films is competition.

Edited by Cappoedameron

On the bright side, if Detective Pikachu doesn't beat Avengers, it can still earn enough to be one of highest grossing films that never hit #1 domestic! That's a honor it can share with films like My Big Fat Greek Wedding, A Star is Born (2018), and Interstellar!

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

52 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

My theater is almost sold out for friday and saturday shows so...what do I make of that? I say it's heading for a 70-80M OW. 

BTW I was more referring to Avengers which had Battleship and Infinity War which had Life of the Party and Breaking In. Both movies were at -45%. Pikachu unlike those other films is competition.

I get that as well as the fact all theaters are different, but what about Thursday.

I know and AoU with weaker WOM than Endgame, facing Pitch Perfect 2 and Mad Max ($69M and $45M OWs), I don’t see Endgame falling worse than that especially when I think the combined OW total for Pikachu+Poms+Hustle will be lower.