Cappoedameron

Welcome to the stadium. Get ready for the ultimate showdown. Pikachu vs Endgame. Bring all your skills. Bring all your courage. The Pokemon match of all time is here.

THIS IS JUST DOMESTIC OPENING WEEKEND CLUB!

We are in for quite the showdown when Pikachu competes against Endgame in it's opening weekend against EG's 3rd weekend. Now i'm totally pulling for Pikachu here but I will not be upset at all if Pikachu loses, because in defeat it's gonna look like a beast!

Now I know many people here think this is an open and shut case but I beg to differ. I foresee this being quite the battle, in fact it could be a battle so close that the endless fighting will in fact unite the two to join in becoming brothers, not fighting anymore.

Depending on how Endgame performs in Week 2 will open the door to this club. Endgame could be looking at a drop anywhere from -50 all the way to -60% by next week.  So around $178-$148.

Now in 2012, Avengers had an A+ Cinemascore and had drops of -50% and -46% in it's 3rd weekend. Movies that came out to foolishly combat the film were Battleship and The Dictator. Battleship earned $25 while The Dictator earned $15

In 2018, Infinity War had a A Cinemascore and had drops of -55% and 45.9% in it's 3rd weekend. Movies that came out again to foolishly combat the film were Life of the Party and Breaking In. Both films did $17 million against Infinity War.

In 2 weeks, Endgame that has an A+ Cinemascore will be competing with Detective Pikachu in it's 3rd weekend. A movie so far tracking with BOP for a $82M OW which I think the range is more $85/$90M. The Scott Mendelson tracking is BS and even he says as such. Detective Pikachu has been received well by critics and fans alike from press screenings all across the world and from many looks on social media, the trailer that got the most reception at many audiences screenings of Endgame was Detective Pikachu. 

So Avengers and Infinity War had 46% and 45.9% drops respectively with these movies that served very little competition. What's a worldwide phenomenon and brand like Pokemon going to do to it? We could be seeing another 50-55% drop for Endgame in 3rd weekend cause of Pikachu. Which is where this comes in.

Endgame could be looking at a 3rd weekend anywhere between 89M to 70M. And with Pikachu slated for an 82M OW. A real box office battle could be taking shape. Lots of unknown factors but quite the exciting circumstances nonetheless.

Now I know many people would say 

89c.gif

But I say let them both prosper and benefit from each other. If Pikachu loses he'll evolve into Detective Pikachu 2.0 for the sequel and he won't have to compete against the king of the box office and he'll mow down everything in his path. A true redemption arc any Pokemon trainer aside from Ash would be proud of.

tenor.gif?itemid=7385425 This is Detective Pikachu and Endgame. Look how happy they are for each others successes.

So whose it gonna be Endgame or Detective Pikachu? We have quite a potential battle on the horizon and it could be a very exciting one at that.

Oh and there's many references to the first movie if people didn't pick up on it, the title of the thread is the entire intro of Pokemon The First Movie trailer.

tumblr_p2iamubVWV1u8rt2vo1_500.gif

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Actually a pretty decent club not sure what I'm going to go with yet

Maybe just emphasise this in the title tho a bit more

Endgame could be looking at a 3rd weekend anywhere between 89M to 70M. And with Pikachu slated for an 82M OW. A real box office battle could be taking shape. Lots of unknown factors but quite the exciting circumstances nonetheless.

• Like 1

I take it that the club is Detective Pikachu OW > Endgame 3rd weekend?

If so..... it's gonna be close, but I'm gonna go OUT because Avengers sucked away all the hype and life from the box office and Pikachu feels like a non-event in its wake, more so than even Deadpool 2 after Infinity War, and Pikachu might hit 60-70 while Endgame is probably going 80-100. But I still think Pikachu has 80-100 OW potential, so it might be closer than I anticipate, and Hell, Pikachu winning with a last minute surge of hype wouldn't surprise me that much.

@Cappoedameron You might want to make it clear in either your thread title or first paragraph of your post that this is a Detective Pikachu OW DOM > Endgame 3rd Weekend DOM club, as some folks look to be skimming your post and getting the wrong idea.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@Cappoedameron You might want to make it clear in either your thread title or first paragraph of your post that this is a Detective Pikachu OW DOM > Endgame 3rd Weekend DOM club, as some folks look to be skimming your post and getting the wrong idea.

Wait... that was not clear before. I thought my numbers made it pretty obvious I just meant Domestic lol.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Wait... that was not clear before. I thought my numbers made it pretty obvious I just meant Domestic lol.

I think some folks might have thought you were talking about Pika Pika OW > EG OW.  Or totals.  Or something like that.  I mean, I get that this is a Pika OW > EG 3rd Week club, but some might not pick up on that if they just glance at your post.

58 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I think some folks might have thought you were talking about Pika Pika OW > EG OW.  Or totals.  Or something like that.  I mean, I get that this is a Pika OW > EG 3rd Week club, but some might not pick up on that if they just glance at your post.

My apologies, but yes this is absolutely just domestic.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Galactic Specter said:

In, Detective Pikachu will have to be really bad for Marvel to keep its grip over the audience in week three. Pokemon is a new thing for the movie going public. 

DP has gotten lots of very positive praise from critics and audiences alike at press screenings.