sfran43

Daily Numbers | Thursday 30th May 2019

if AE follows IW's % this weekend it would be

Fri - 2.27

Sat - 3.62

Sun 2.55

FSS - 8.44

Wouldn't shock me if it comes in a little lower than that. 8.2-8.3.

The big Thurday drop relative to IW really hurts it's weekend multiple - it dropped 12% while IW dropped 3.9%.

1 hour ago, Doctor Stark said:

Pretty doable.  What if it somehow made the projected $11.2 million?  That would be quite the twist, if very unlikely.

With losing 700 theaters and dropping a decent chunk for yesterday I would be shocked if above 9. 

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

why on earth are predicting bigger friday/saturday increases for endgame over IW when it lost more theaters are there is way more competition than last year when Solo topped again with sub 30m !!!! its one thing to hope but this is foolhardy.

Thu-Fri jump is questionable, but for holdovers, when Fri is dented by openers, Sat jump will be bigger to compensate for it.

Well that final Endgame Thursday sure looks a bit deflating. On paper it's the worst Wednesday to Thursday drop since week 1. In reality this is the film's busiest weekend yet, so it does make sense why it's that way. With the $1.25 million I saw earlier, which at first I actually thought was the final number, I would have given this weekend $8.5 million, now I think we might be looking at $7.8-8.2 million.

And before anyone calls me too pessimistic again, remember the REAL weekend a week ago was about $15.5 million (Friday-Saturday-Monday as Sunday acted as a second Saturday so we cut that one if we want to look at weekend to weekend drops in a way that's fair), not $17.2 million, so this would still be a better than 50% drop compared to a normal 5th weekend (not the inflated one it got).

So that's up to $816 million by the end of the week. Assuming Dark Phoenix doesn't overperform I could see next weekend also giving us a better than 50% drop, somewhere between 40-50% (it would be even better if it wasn't for the screens and even more reduced number of showings).