charlie Jatinder

The Admission Count Thread.

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If we take best of Endgame i.e. LATAM, ASIA, US, CHINA and best of Avatar 2 i.e. Europe, that would be 430M+.

And if we take the best of Endgame i.e. LATAM, ASIA, CHINA and best of Titanic Europe and US, what would it be ?

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Titanic is of bygone era. It won't be doing what it did back then today. AVATAR 2 is best you can hope for in Europe.

Yes I know but I just wanted to know like that for info

6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If we take best of Endgame i.e. LATAM, ASIA, US, CHINA and best of Avatar 2 i.e. Europe, that would be 430M+.

Yeah, that´s right, it only needs an international appeal (which is not so easy) to go over 500 M admits.
i think  market can also grow a lot is Indonesia, it has a population of 275 M and it seems that its theter industry is developing and going bigger soon, so with markets like this, we´ll see not so far going beyond 500 M and more.

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Titanic is of bygone era. It won't be doing what it did back then today. AVATAR 2 is best you can hope for in Europe.

In what are you based to make this opinion?
I think Titanic is an out of time success and in my opinion will be the same or even bigger success now with more developed markets worldwide.

5 hours ago, MG10 said:

Does anybody know how many tickets has The Lion King remake sold in Europe? I remember they were quite cheap and since it grossed a lot I'm sure it won't be easily surpassed even by Avatar 2... 

According Lumiere, 52.774 million, but I find some data not completely updated. For example. for Spain it shows 5.914 million, but other sources say it sold 6.392 million.

https://lumiere.obs.coe.int/movie/82810#

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, peludo said:

According Lumiere, 52.774 million, but I find some data not completely updated. For example. for Spain it shows 5.914 million, but other sources say it sold 6.392 million.

https://lumiere.obs.coe.int/movie/82810#

I have noticed something, People look for Spain Data in European forums/databases but the most Accurate data of Spain is rather available in Latin America or LATAM's forum/databases - especially Admission numbers.

image.png

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I have noticed something, People look for Spain Data in European forums/databases but the most Accurate data of Spain is rather available in Latin America or LATAM's forum/databases - especially Admission numbers.

image.png

They maybe take data from Ministry of Culture or here

Anyway, there are other European sites quite accurate like insideKino

Edited by peludo

3 hours ago, Shanks said:

image.png

Where did you find that datas ?

Hello everyone, I have created a google sheets with all the box office records (4 categories) according to the different countries of the world. I have already filled in with DOM and France but normally I made sure that everyone can modify the document to add as much data as possible depending on your country or even if you have data from other countries. Once the google sheets will be completed to the maximum I will make a clean table and put it on a thread here. If you add data do not hesitate to put the film in question in brackets as I did. If @Bruce @Shanks @Issac Newton @charlie Jatinder or others who have access to lots of data it would be cool to participate as it will be completed very quickly. Thank you for your participation.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HwA6m1-AhjugZHGOy__SBdI9m605A9HDqGdvoxxM8Fo/edit#gid=0

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Truly impressive especially in Europe, but wtf are some of those prices. Belgium, France, Finland and UK have a comparable economy to the North of Italy but their average ticket prices are like 50% higher... But it's also true the north have almost double average gdp than the south but ticket prices usually just 1 euro higher

1 hour ago, WorkingonaName said:

How come Italy always performs worse then Spain, despite having a a larger economy and population?. 

Because they go to the cinema more often than us, I think the average is 2 times a year in Italy and more than 3 in Spain, and if their tickets had a higher price the difference would be even greater (while at the moment we are still more or less in par when it comes to the annual box office, which in 2019 was 700M euros for both)

Then it must be said that from what I've seen and read the south of the country almost never goes to the cinema apart from Zalone (which in fact always gross over 40M+), so for most of the films the real market is 40M inhabitants and a gdp of 1.6 billion, instead of 60M and 2 billion... 

10 hours ago, MG10 said:

Truly impressive especially in Europe, but wtf are some of those prices. Belgium, France, Finland and UK have a comparable economy to the North of Italy but their average ticket prices are like 50% higher... But it's also true the north have almost double average gdp than the south but ticket prices usually just 1 euro higher

This makes the data for Avatar 2 even more impressive. Besides digital platforms, smartphones and all this new entertainment and the very high prices is very remarkable those numbers.
I still think people love to go to see movies, at least in Spain, when companies and theatres make "day of the watcher" and the prices are very reduced, there are inmense queues in big cities. 
I always thought if cinema will be cheaper, maybe we still have attendance numbers like 80´s or 90´s, because population now is bigger.

• Like 1