Impact

Crowd Reports Thread

Wolverine 2

1:50PM

About 40% Full

Trailers:

Percy Jackson 2: Does not look that bad actually.

Mortal Instruments: Was trying to figure out what this was. Looks laughable at some points (Which it actually did have some laughs)Paranoia: Looks good, nice too see Ford and Oldman back together. (And I swear Ford is quite a bit shorter now) Some talking after it.

Prisoners: Hey he is in this film we are about to watch!

Anchorman 2: Quite a bit of laughs.

47 Ronin: Does not look as near as bad as some are making it out to be.

Walter Mitty: Looks interesting. Could be a good kids film.

Movie: Pretty good. Kids will probably not like it that much though, as it can come across as boring. The first half was decent but the 2nd half did get better. Audience really enjoyed it. The Russian villain was a interesting one. (I called her the Russian villain at least)

The scene during the end credits got tons of responses.

Film was pretty dark at times and pretty violent also (

I swear that has to be possibly the most violent ending I've seen for a Marvel film, the villains death was pretty interesting.

)

B+

Thought it was not as good as First Class but better then Wolvie 1 (Have not seen the first 3 films in years)

Edited by Impact

Walter Mitty: Looks interesting. Could be a good kids film.

I'm sorry, but I lol'd at this. :P It's about a guy going through a midlife crisis and daydreaming. I'd be shocked if it wasn't PG-13 or R going Stiller's pedigree.

That said, I want that trailer online!

I'm sorry, but I lol'd at this. :P It's about a guy going through a midlife crisis and daydreaming. I'd be shocked if it wasn't PG-13 or R going Stiller's pedigree.

That said, I want that trailer online!

It is based off of a kids book and is a remake to family film.

It is based off of a kids book and is a remake to family film.

Walter Mitty isn't a kids book; I read last year in English class. :P It is a family oriented Oscar contender though; it's being referred to as this year's Life of Pi. :P

• Like 1

Upcoming films I've seen trailers for:

2 Guns

Planes

Elysium

Frozen

Thor 2

Anchorman 2

Percy Jackson 2

Paranoia

Prisoners

Walter Mitty

Mortal Instruments

Free Birds

Lego

Cloudy 2

Gravity

Last Vegas

Delivery Man

47 Ronin

If I only saw movies in theaters, these would be the films I'd be aware of coming out:

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

1D3D

Elysium

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Last Vegas

Ender’s Game

Anchorman: The Legend Continues

Gravity

Paranoia

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

2 Guns

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2

Frozen

Planes

300: Rise of an Empire

The Wolf of Wall Street

The World’s End

Jobs

The Family

Captain Phillips

The Seventh Son

How to Train Your Dragon 2

Rio 2

Walking with Dinosaurs

• Like 1

I went an extra step further...

Elysium

Star Trek Into Darkness - 5/25/13

We're The Millers

The Conjuring - 7/27/13

Planes

Monsters University - 6/22/13

Percy Jackson: The Sea Of Monsters

The Way, Way, Back - 7/21/13

Kick-Ass 2

This Is The End - 6/21/13

The Butler

The Heat - 7/4/13

The World's End

You're Next

The Conjuring - 7/27/13

Closed Circuit

The Heat - 7/4/13

Insidious: Chapter 2

Rush

The Heat - 7/4/13

Don John

The Conjuring - 7/27/13

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2

Baggage Claim

The Way, Way Back - 7/21/13

Gravity

The Great Gatsby - 5/11/13

Runner Runner

The Heat - 7/4/13

The Conjuring - 7/27/13

Ender's Game

Pacific Rim - 7/13/13

Free Birds

About Time

The Heat - 7/4/13

Last Vegas

Thor: The Dark World

Iron Man 3 - 5/18/13

The Wolf Of Wall Street

The Way Way Back - 5/13/13

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Iron Man 3 - 5/18/13

Frozen

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

The Dictator - 5/17/13

Ted - 7/7/13

Pacific Rim - 7/13/13

The Seventh Son

Pacific Rim - 7/13/13

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 1

Film: The Conjuring

Time: 20:00

Crowd: 50%

Cinema: Leeds, England

Trailers:

You're Next

Carrie

Gravity

The Film:

Quite disappointed is my initial reaction. The film just was not scary or creepy in the slightest. The story felt very familiar and in certain scenes i felt like I could have been watching any paranormal/exorcism movie that has been released in the past ten years. The film takes a long time to get into the swing of things and whilst it does entertain when the action does begin, I was never truly on the edge of my seat as the trailers spoiled a lot of the moments in the film that might have been scary. Personally I found Insidious and Sinister to be better films as the stories had me more involved in the film, whereas The Conjuring is overly familiar. The audience seemed to get restless in parts and whilst there were a few screams, it didn't seem to go over as well as the box office and  WOM in the U.S would have you expect. 

6/10

Fruitvale Station

August 8, 12:30 PM, 1% full (just me and a friend until three other people showed up ten minutes into the movie)

Portage 16 IMAX, Portage, IN

Trailers (no reactions but I will say this is the oddest arrangement of trailers I've had in awhile.)

The Butler

Captain Phillips

Machete Kills

Black Nativity

Movie was very good; the audience was dead except for some points with laughing. The ending did have everyone sniffling though.

We're The Millers

Time: Last night at 7:20pm

Crowd: An alright amount, I'd say maybe 40% filled.

Trailers: None were that memorable. I think I remember Delivery Man, another film something called Best Man Holiday, Prisoners, and that's all I can remember :/

As for the film, I gave it an 8/10. For more info you can find it under the Review movies section.

• Like 1

Not sure what film I will see next.

Same here

I saw Monsters U for the 1st time a week ago, and I'm debating between Conjuring, Elysium, Wolverine and The Butler . I heard Elysium was bad, Conjuring is amazing but doesn't live up to the scare buzz, Wolverine is good but nothing special, while Oprah's performance in The Butler is supposedly Oscar worthy. 

I'm debating between Conjuring and Butler at the moment since I'm not a big X-Men fan to begin with 

Posted Image

Elysium in RPX

7:10PM Tuesday, August 13th

Regal Fenway 13 & RPX

Theater Capacity: 500 (10% full)

Ticket Price: $13.50

Concessions: medium blue raspberry ICEE, $6.25

TRAILERS:

The World's End - laughs from crowd, funny trailer

Riddick (poster contest) - some talking

Monuments Men - sweet trailer and excellent cast, got some talking too

Captain Phillips - better trailer than the previous one I've seen; some talking

The Counselor - good teaser and impressive cast; more talking

Prisoners - my friend and I both called this a TMI trailer, joking that it makes a great short film... lots of talking after

Rush - solid trailer, good music, and lots of talking

Thor: The Dark World - new trailer and it looks fantastic; silence/no reaction from audience

The Family - funny trailer, some giggles from the men (of all people) in the audience

THE FILM:

Call me crazy, but when Neill Blomkamp--the director of District 9 (arguably the finest sci-film from a first-time director in my generation)--announced he was releasing a sci-fi film set in a dystopian future, I really got my hopes up... I'm talking jumping up for joy and pumping my fist in the air excited. And then the cast and first trailer got me even more excited. But now after getting my hopes so high about how famazing this film was supposed to be, I've watched Elysium and think it was only okay.

There is nothing inherently wrong with Matt Damon cast as the lead character--he's a fantastic actor and does a great job in this movie. But it's the chemistry (or lack thereof) between him and others that doesn't work (among other things). For example, I was thrilled Sharlto Copley was back with Blomkamp for this picture, but it's hard to take him seriously as a villain when I identify better with his character than some of the "good guys." He's got a few funny lines--some inadvertently--and I think an opportunity was missed with regards to how his story pans out. And as far as story is concerned, this screenplay comes off as too simple. Obviously there are political overtones at work and sci-fi elements to take into consideration with this picture, but there are more pressing, thought-provoking questions left unanswered by this picture--principally why the wealthy withhold medical treatment from the poor people on Earth in the first place. Also, what was up with Jodie Foster's accent? Her voice coach failed her immensely, unfortunately.

Honestly, I'm glad I saw the picture and it is superior to other films in its genre (i.e. Prometheus), but I'd make the case that it also falls short of others from this year like Oblivion and Star Trek Into Darkness. The effects were gorgeous and the sound mixing/editing was superior to that of other "loud" pictures I've watched lately. Since there's not much else out worth seeing in theaters right now, I'd say Elysium is worth checking out if you even the tiniest inkling of interest. Just don't have hopes as high as mine were.

Also, as a side note: I just read that Eminem was originally cast for Matt Damon's role and dropped out because the studios didn't want to shoot in Detroit. I think had Eminem starred in this picture, it would've taken on a whole new level of badass and possibly changed the dynamic of the picture for the better.

Experience - 20/30

Story/Writing - 8/20

Acting - 11/15

Tech Specs (Editing, Effects, Cinematography) - 15/15

Directing - 6/10

Music - 8/10

THE VERDICT: 68/100, C

Comments, likes, and feedback are always appreciated. Thank you. :-)

Edited by Andy Stitzer 2
  • Like 1