eddyxx

The Fantastic Four - First Steps | Marvel Studios | July 25, 2025 | Matt Shakman directs

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Wonder if we will get the famous 20th Century Fanfare with the new 20th cenutry releases.

I think the first film  Disney released with the 20th label was "West Side Story"..though why they did that I don't  know nothing in it that would not have fit under the Disney label.

I'd bet a large sum of money that was clearly something to do with existing contracts. To cite a specific example: all FOX films had to go to HBO Max due to a legacy pay-1 deal that expired at the end of 2022. Disney paid extra to get the rights to stream them on D+/Hulu as well. 

If Disney could have reclassified WSS and thus avoided giving it to WB's streamer they clearly would have done so (indeed, that's clearly why a film like Prey was always going to be a hulu exclusive - non theatrical films didn't come attached to that contract). I suspect holdover films are just playing under different rules so the question would be something about modifying existing contracts. 

On 4/4/2024 at 3:18 PM, SpiderByte said:

Actually, the bottom right corner of the Torch poster has a credit for 20th Century Studios...hm

Just checked and the Deadpool poster also has it, but much smaller in font. Guess it's a holdover from the Fox acquisition?

The contracts are the contracts.  Even if Disney currently owns 20th Century Fox/"20th Century Pictures", that studio entity apparently retains the film rights to all FF, X-Men, Deadpool, etc. characters so far...  Would be nice to see 20th's logo be kept alive in some form... 

Edited by Macleod

8 minutes ago, Macleod said:

The contracts are the contracts.  Even if Disney currently owns 20th Century Fox/"20th Century Pictures", that studio entity apparently retains the film rights to all FF, X-Men, Deadpool, etc. characters so far...  Would be nice to see 20th's logo be kept alive in some form... 

The logo is still used for movies that fall under the 20th Century umbrella. Avatar had it, for example. 

• Heart 1

On 4/7/2024 at 9:26 AM, WittyUsername said:

The logo is still used for movies that fall under the 20th Century umbrella. Avatar had it, for example. 

It is intesting that the Disney label it 20th Century, not 20th Century Fox. I guess they just do not want to be idenifed with  the Fox company..and who can blame them?