cannastop

Blinded By The Light | August 16, 2019 | Warner Brothers | Gurinder Chadha, director

On 8/8/2019 at 9:43 AM, TMP said:

Why would New Line/WB buy this film if they weren't gonna try to promote it at all? A24 or someone else would have done a better job; Focus Features even.

A24 wouldn't have even opened it wide and it would have made what it will end up doing on its opening weekend.

• Sad 1

On 8/9/2019 at 10:43 PM, TMP said:

He looks more like brown Jake Gyllenhaal

You know what? I do see that. 

Looks like my theory that this is this year's Crazy Rich Asians for WB is way off. It was originally opening on the same date (Wednesday August 14) but it's opening in 1000+ less theatres and clearly doesn't have the buzz. DOA?

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

You know what? I do see that. 

Looks like my theory that this is this year's Crazy Rich Asians for WB is way off. It was originally opening on the same date (Wednesday August 14) but it's opening in 1000+ less theatres and clearly doesn't have the buzz. DOA?

WB is dumping this. idk why they'd even buy this if they were gonna do this

2 hours ago, JB33 said:

Did anyone see this? Was it as boring and unnecessary as it looked?

Saw it last week, it was fine, doubt I’d watch it again, but it was a pleasant watch. It doesn’t dig anywhere near deep enough into its themes though, and the random “almost a musical” singing sections seemed weirdly out of place.

If you’re into Springsteen then I think you’d get more out of it.

4 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Saw it last week, it was fine, doubt I’d watch it again, but it was a pleasant watch. It doesn’t dig anywhere near deep enough into its themes though, and the random “almost a musical” singing sections seemed weirdly out of place.

If you’re into Springsteen then I think you’d get more out of it.

I liked it but it has the same beats as Bend it like Beckham.