Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

25 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Only movie starting past 7pm for 8 consecutive days at my local?  The Force Awakens. That is truly new territory. 

More than DH2 or gonna crush it into pieces? Gonna stampede? gonna pulverise atomise? xD

18 minutes ago, Bonenash said:

More than DH2 or gonna crush it into pieces? Gonna stampede? gonna pulverise atomise? xD

I'm not going to go full Heretic on it, but DH2 may fall this weekend if it keeps going like this. 

This better not happen or else... I mean come on, I only want this movie not to break every record everywhere... is that too much to ask?!!

Trimis de pe al meu SM-J100H folosind Tapatalk

1 minute ago, James said:

This better not happen or else... I mean come on, I only want this movie not to break every record everywhere... is that too much to ask?!!

Sorry man, the country is going nuts for this atm. 

I'm gonna go to the gym, blow off some steam, come back and everything will be fine. This wont happen. I have faith in the UK[emoji23]

1 minute ago, James said:

I'm gonna go to the gym, blow off some steam, come back and everything will be fine. This wont happen. I have faith in the UK[emoji23]

Search your feelings, you know it to be true, we brits are going to be than the biggest Potter here! 

Blasphemy!

On 12/15/2015, 12:20:52, Heretic said:

Yep. Even throughout January, most evening shows are pretty much full up. Good to see you back ;)

Damn. I'm hoping to see it in IMAX in the new year, assumed it wouldn't still be all sold out 2/3 weeks after release. And I can only book tickets a few days in advance, so I guess I'm fucked.

5 hours ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

Damn. I'm hoping to see it in IMAX in the new year, assumed it wouldn't still be all sold out 2/3 weeks after release. And I can only book tickets a few days in advance, so I guess I'm fucked.

You'd get better value for money from the Empire in Leicester Square, and likely better availability. Plus there's the science museum with true IMAX as well in 2D.

46 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

You'd get better value for money from the Empire in Leicester Square, and likely better availability. Plus there's the science museum with true IMAX as well in 2D.

Why would the Empire be better? Because it's a slightly wider screen? I have been to both and they are both equally massive to me :P size isn't everything, I'm not used to them so it is gargantuan regardless. And for the Falcon scene BFI would be better, it's taller screen right?

Science museum is the one I'm most interested in, not sure how long they have the 2D print for.

Edited by Salacious Tree Crumb

26 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

Why would the Empire be better? Because it's a slightly wider screen? I have been to both and they are both equally massive to me :P size isn't everything, I'm not used to them so it is gargantuan regardless. And for the Falcon scene BFI would be better, it's taller screen right?

Science museum is the one I'm most interested in, not sure how long they have the 2D print for.

BFI is running a standard digital imax print, so it'll look pretty poor on the BFI screen, especially compared to the laser in Leicester Square. 

7 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

BFI is running a standard digital imax print, so it'll look pretty poor on the BFI screen, especially compared to the laser in Leicester Square. 

Oh I didn't know that the film has to be specifically produced to run on laser. Cause both venues have laser projection. Then yeah, Empire would be much better. I wanna see it in 15/70 2D tho ideally

18 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

Oh I didn't know that the film has to be specifically produced to run on laser. Cause both venues have laser projection. Then yeah, Empire would be much better. I wanna see it in 15/70 2D tho ideally

It doesn't need to be a special print, the laser projection is just nicer.

• Like 1