Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

1 Men In Black 3 £2,935,736 £2,935,7362 The Dictator £1,078,155 £7,563,5543 Marvel Avengers Assemble £872,664 £46,891,7094 What To Expect When You're Expecting £661,617 £661,6175 Dark Shadows £409,560 £6,236,0546 American Pie: Reunion £362,323 £15,813,5497 Moonrise Kingdom £251,760 £251,7608 The Raid £116,340 £805,3999 Beauty And The Beast 3D £69,795 £2,475,36110 Iron Sky £66,076 £66,076

All down to the weather, clearly.Holiday weekend will be difficult to predict. There's a lot going on around the country because of the Jubilee, so people might not be going to cinemas, but, it's a holiday and people are off. Tricky one.Most films will probably stay flat or increase I'd think. The Avengers will still hit £50m with half term coming up now too.Snow White opens tomorrow so has a 5 day opening. Should be able to do £4-5m I'd think, and with Monday and Tuesday being bank holidays, £7m or so could happen adding on those two days.Prometheus has HUGE advance sales. Especially in IMAX. Like, as strong as The Avengers in that format. It'll be close for the number 1 spot, but SW has 2 extra days...For the whole 5 days including Monday and Tuesday, £6m+ could definitely happen.And then it's half term week too, so all movies should have strong weekly business.

odeon and paramount had a dispute before dictator even opened (not sure exactly what it was about), with odeon threatening to pull out the bookings out altogether. they obviously sorted it for the opening but there must still be something not right there.i wonder if it will affect any future paramount films at odeon.in other news - did everyone see that Vue have bought Apollo? not good for competition really :/

Odeon seems to be involved in a lot of disputes with distributors, I think they didn't show Rambo and almost didn't show Alice in Wonderland but backed down when they realised they would lose out to Cineworld and Vue if they didn't show it.

Wow. If it does actually get pulled, that would be an awful run, for what could have been a big success in the UK.Things are looking back to normal now. MIB3 looks much busier than any day on OW, as do all other films.SW is doing well with orange Wednesdays. I expect a fairly good opening.

Odeon seem to have the larger share of disputes with distributors, it's really odd. Their system does seem pretty backwards though, especially regarding prices and film booking at smaller sites, and looking on their facebook they get far more complaints than Cineworld and Vue.

I think Prometheus could be a real dark horse.It's pre-sales are as strong as The Avengers around my area, and for the 2 midnight shows it has (unheard of), one of them is nearly full. And schools are still in. What's going on?IMAX is basically sold out all weekend, and next weekend too, where it gets more showings because it has to share with MIB3 for this week. We also saw that it broke the BFI IMAX record, beating even Potter. £5m is the floor. I think it could go as high as £7-8m, depending on how much the Jubilee effects it...

Remember Watchmen was an 18 though, but it still managed over £3m on OW. I didn't even see this many pre-sales for Avengers in IMAX, and that's saying something. Even in normal 2D/3D format though, it's selling extremely well. Better than any non-fanbase film I've seen in probably years.I think Ridley Scott movies are quite popular in the UK. Robin Hood, which flopped in the US made almost £6m in its opening in 2010 without 3D/IMAX.Maybe my optimistic prediction was a bit much, but I'll say a £6-6.5m opening for Prometheus.

The IMAX presales are insane at the BFI, but almost everything gets big presales at the BFI. Take BFI, and the other 3 true IMAX's from the equation and you're left with 9:30pm shows. And that's it. Robin Hood was ALWAYS going to be bigger here, seeing as how it's a big part of British Folklore.