Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I reckon Skyfall and The Hobbit will crack £50m, not sure on TDKR but that will be over £40m for sure. A handful of films have cracked £20m this year but none so far apart from Avengers have done over £30-40m, that'll likely change with Ice Age and Spider-Man.

TDKR is getting over £50m.I think it could even get to £55m, for number 2 of the year, beating Bond. Pre-sales and hype are just out of this world. Not even DH2 had pre-sales like I'm seeing for this.

Close to the same in Denmark

Regarding TDKR...£50m is definitely on the table!So much hype and everyone I know has seen and enjoyed The Dark Knight. It will need more admissions then Avengers though as it is not as family friendly and it has no 3D!

I think TDKR could make £20m on OW. No joke. DH1 made £18.3m back in 2010, and DH2 almost £24m. It's OD is going to be monstrous. It has 5am shows that are almost sold out for gods sake! And, it's released right at the start of the holidays.

I think TDKR could make £20m on OW. No joke. DH1 made £18.3m back in 2010, and DH2 almost £24m.It's OD is going to be monstrous. It has 5am shows that are almost sold out for gods sake! And, it's released right at the start of the holidays.

TDK did £11m four days so it's a big ask for TDKR to do £20m OW if it matches the £15.8m that Avengers did over four day then it'll be a success, it'll be big though and legs should be great,

It was #17 for the weekend90 thrs, 54,312 -64% cume 51.734m

So it looks like 15th all-time is as high as Avengers goes (and will probably be knocked down a couple of spots by the end of the year). Damn you Full Monty! Seriously, anyone feel that was the most ridiculous UK box office performance ever, at least until Mamma Mia! came along?

I don't see TDKR going much higher than £15m OW tbh. It's still a HUGE number, but outside of IMAX and DBOX, presales haven't looked close to as strong as DHII heretic, that's for sure.

2D pre-sales came out recently, and TDKR has already nearly sold out the night showing on OD. They haven't released all the showtimes yet, only 3. But still, that's on top of all the IMAX showings sold out already. I imagine it's going to have a showing at least every half an hour from 8-9am till midnight, or even past. And I bet nearly every one of those shows is going to be near or at capacity. I don't see lower than £17m. Right now, I'm thinking around DH1's £18.3m.

You're looking at it from a city perspective though Heretic, i'm looking at it from a seaside town. Each of my local's currently have a screen a piece at the moment booking, the odeon has it's 9pm show 30% full currently, so i'd assume the corresponding one at the cineworld is around 50%. Compare this with DHII, the Odeon had 3 Screens booking by now, with a 3D sell out, while the cineworld had 4 screens booking, 2 3D sell outs and a 2D sellout. Not saying that you're wrong Heretic, just that it's not looking close in my book.

I assume though that walk ups will be HUGE for TDKR. Whatever happens, that 9pm show is still going to sell-out, whether it be a week before release or a few hours before it starts. DH2 is exactly the type of film that was always going to sell out way in advance.We'll see, but I really can't see it doing just £15m. I say just, but obviously, that is an incredible 3 day figure for a 2D movie. But I do believe TDKR has a lot more potential.

I'd consider anything above £15m a massive success, but I'm going out on a limb on this one. No one ever expected nearly £16m for The Avengers for its opening. I had it pegged at £10-12m, and look what happened.My official prediction right now is £17.5m for TDKR, with a 3.2x multiplier giving a total of £56m.

WB shot themselves in the foot by not having midnights, Batman may not have the same rabid audience as Potter or Twilight but you can bet people would turn up for the final film in the trilogy.I'm sticking to a £15-16m OW.