5. Blue Beetle - €72,567 / €249,713

6. Meg 2: The Trench - €56,295 / €840,827

7. Strays - €43,938 / €156,195

8. Elemental - €40,638 / €1,780,180

9. Haunted Mansion - €33,855 / €245,938

10. The Blackening - €25,537 / €32,238

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

No surprise it has all the premium formats.

There's an Odeon Luxe relatively close to me (my regular is Cineworld as I have unlimited as well) and I've been meaning to try their iSense for a while. Thought I'd go for NCD for Equalizer. Curiously, they only have Barbie and Oppie in iSense. My Cineworld has Equalizer in IMAX, so it seemed curious to me... Do they expect the loss of revenue will be made up by far higher admissions with those two compared to Equalizer? Seems kind of weird scheduling.

8 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

There's an Odeon Luxe relatively close to me (my regular is Cineworld as I have unlimited as well) and I've been meaning to try their iSense for a while. Thought I'd go for NCD for Equalizer. Curiously, they only have Barbie and Oppie in iSense. My Cineworld has Equalizer in IMAX, so it seemed curious to me... Do they expect the loss of revenue will be made up by far higher admissions with those two compared to Equalizer? Seems kind of weird scheduling.

I would imagine Sony would had a clause that The Equalizer 3 has to be in IMAX on its release date.

In terms of 4DX, I've noticed they're mixing it with several films with TMNT, Jurassic Park, Meg 2 and The Equalizer 3. I think Meg 2 did quite well in 4DX so no surprise it's returning for NCD. 

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I would imagine Sony would had a clause that The Equalizer 3 has to be in IMAX on its release date.

In terms of 4DX, I've noticed they're mixing it with several films with TMNT, Jurassic Park, Meg 2 and The Equalizer 3. I think Meg 2 did quite well in 4DX so no surprise it's returning for NCD. 

Just surprised they're not giving at least one iSense showing to Equalizer on NCD when it otherwise has that screen on other days. I suppose the idea is they can still get people into regular showings for Equalizer as it's a new opener, while having their 4k Dolby Atmos screen as a selling point for Barbenheimer on that day.

On 8/27/2023 at 9:36 AM, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

That, and also live sports/live music are still worldwide phenomena. You still have your Messi's and Mbappe's, Beyonce's and Taylor Swift's. 

well here we go I guess we're gonna find out, I wonder how much business Taylor's movie can do internationally

5 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Sound Of Freedom is going to open at #4 today

I'm not sure if that's good or bad given most of the new entries in the last few weeks have only managed to open as high as number 3. Only The Equalizer 3 managed to outgross Barbie but not by much. 

23 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Equalizer actually came in #1 yesterday

Equalizer £439k

Barbie £419k

Opp £243k

And Barbie is now over £90m

That’s more than I would have expected for Equalizer 3. 

13 hours ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Sound Of Freedom is going to open at #4 today

I haven’t seen a single thing for this, but it does have decent sized screens at my local. 

7 minutes ago, MrHardapple said:

For a $14.5 million movie without any marketing, it is doing pretty good I would say.

depends on how much screen it has. 1M dollar weekend should be pretty good.

Anyway i was talking about the prediction of it being a global phenomenom. Will came for like 85% from domestic

Edited by vale9001

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

depends on how much screen it has. 1M dollar weekend should be pretty good.

Anyway i was talking about the prediction of it being a global phenomenom. Will came for like 85% from domestic

Yes, it way very 'optimistic' to predict a global phenomenon here.

If it breaks out in other markets than the US, I would think it could be middle and south america.

UK was never going to be a major market for SOF, I would say 4th is pretty good considering it's had little marketing but I would imagine it probably will be frontloaded. 

In regards to NCD, I would imagine the kids films, Meg 2 and Blue Beetle will see massive jumps. SOF have got shafted with limited showtimes.