Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Hobbit and Pi seems to having a great run, JR not doing too badly either. It's weird Thursday was up from Wednesday but I guess people didn't want to go to the cinema on Boxing Day despite Orange Wednesdays still in place. Tuesday has 3 new releases with Quartet, The Impossible and Playing for Keeps, I can see Quartet and The Impossible doing good but Playing for Keeps will likely bomb.

Since that figure will include 3D premiums as well, I think we can take the avg. 2D price to be £6.With 102m finish..... that's 17m admissions.How much did Titanic do in original run? What was the avg. price in 1998? That link provides figures from 2000 onwards but we can calculate 1999 price since the yearly change is given as -4.0%. So avg. price in 1999 was £4.58.

Since that figure will include 3D premiums as well, I think we can take the avg. 2D price to be £6.

With 102m finish..... that's 17m admissions.

How much did Titanic do in original run? What was the avg. price in 1998? That link provides figures from 2000 onwards but we can calculate 1999 price since the yearly change is given as -4.0%. So avg. price in 1999 was £4.58.

69M or so;http://www.cinemauk.org.uk/facts-and-figures/admissions/all-time-top-10-films-in-uk/

Quite right. And according to wiki, Titanic including re-release has done 80m. The re-release did 11m.So unless the avg. was, like, £4 in 1998 and the price suddenly jumped 15% in 1999, I believe Skyfall has handily beaten Titanic's admissions!And if the 1998 price was around £4.4, Skyfall may have beaten Titanic's admissions including re-release. (RR may have done 1.4m admissions at £7.8-8.0 avg.)

• Like 1

http://www.angelfire...admissions.htmlA chart of all time admissions until 2003. I don't know if it's credible, in the bottom refers channel 4 as a source for the numbers.

The figures for HP1/Titanci seem high.For example, HP did £64m. According to http://www.cinemauk.org.uk/facts-and-figures/uk-cinema-industry-economics/average-uk-ticket-prices-2000-2011/, the avg. ticket price in 2001 was £4.14. That calculates to 15.5 million tickets.Same for Titanic. If it sold 18.91m tickets, then the avg. price would be £3.65, which seems pretty unlikely going by the above link.So I think Skyfall may have sold the highest amount of tickets since SW!!

How reliable are these sources for admissions? I find it hard to believe Skyfall has sold more tickets then Titanic. Ticket prices in the uk have gone up massively since 97/98 to now. Would not be surprised if really the modern ticket prices for skyfall are double that of titanic prices in 97 i mean your paying at least £7 almost everywhere in country just for a 2d film 10 years ago you could easily get a ticket for £3.50 never mind back 15 years ago?