Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

i wasn't very impressed with the xtreme screen at the vue westfield (stratford).

the picture didn't fill the whole screen (about 4 ft off the bottom and 2 ft off each sides) and the top right hand corner wasn't properly focussed. the picture as a whole was a bit dim as well.

the sound was very good though.

What if I tell you that the sound in the Xtreme screen is exactly like any other digital screens? No difference at all from the other screens, they just raise the volume. It's nowhere near IMAX. It's not too bad though and they have 4k projectors, but in general it's all a huge BS trying to make up for IMAX which is a much better quality. If you wanna experience a film like ST or MoS, you go to IMAX.

Edited by Alfred Beyond The Pines

What if I tell you that the sound in the Xtreme screen is exactly like any other digital screens? No difference at all from the other screens, they just raise the volume. It's nowhere near IMAX. It's not too bad though and they have 4k projectors, but in general it's all a huge BS trying to make up for IMAX which is a much better quality. If you wanna experience a film like ST or MoS, you go to IMAX.

True, Xtreme is just good for convenience as there are not THAT many IMAX cinemas in London it seems.

True, Xtreme is just good for convenience as there are not THAT many IMAX cinemas in London it seems.

There's Greenwich, Wimbledon, BFI, Enfield and Crawley isn't all that far away from London (and is quite superb for what it's worth). Considering there's about 20 IMAXs in the country, London has about 20% which is pretty good for you guys.

Didn't realise we were getting Thor 2 on October 30th... That's the Wednesday during half-term, but to really take advantage of the holiday they should have opened it on the Friday before.

Edited by Heretic

There's Greenwich, Wimbledon, BFI, Enfield and Crawley isn't all that far away from London (and is quite superb for what it's worth). Considering there's about 20 IMAXs in the country, London has about 20% which is pretty good for you guys.

Yeah well none of the IMAX in London are that near me, bit of an effort to get to any of them.

And Swiss Cottage, and Uxbridge.  :lol:

Still none in West London so Westfield wins with Xtreme.

Edited by JCS

Yeah well none of the IMAX in London are that near me, bit of an effort to get to any of them.

Still none in West London so Westfield wins with Xtreme.

Where are you? I live practically right by the Wimbledon one.

Where are you? I live practically right by the Wimbledon one.

Hammersmith area, tons of local cinemas but no super close IMAX. So Westfield Xtreme is good for me.

Edited by JCS