Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

OP is closing the gap on BARBIE. It could maybe take the top spot one of the weekdays. Decent jump for MI7. It's a big drop, but could still match FALLOUT's second weekend, which considering the event of Barbenheimer is pretty good. 

Edited by The Dark Alfred

3 hours ago, The Dark Alfred said:

OP is closing the gap on BARBIE. It could maybe take the top spot one of the weekdays. Decent jump for MI7. It's a big drop, but could still match FALLOUT's second weekend, which considering the event of Barbenheimer is pretty good. 

So, after 2 weekends, MI7 should be a bit ahead of Fallout right considering it opened higher?

11 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Flat for Barbie in the end, £6.33m

Oppenheimer... £4.00m

MI7 £1.23m

Elemental £647k

Fantastic for both but Oppenheimer is mind blowing. Looking like £18m Barbie and £10.5m Oppenheimer. 

Also great increases for holdovers as expected. 

Looks like potentially a £13m Saturday if all other films included, must be near the record. 

5 hours ago, Rtheimer said:

My understanding Fri was the biggest Fri

Ah this is amazing to hear! I knew I’d never seen a cinema so busy. 

36 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Flat for Barbie in the end, £6.33m

Just excellent for Barbie managing to stay flat at that level. Great for Oppenheimer too, what’s the opening record for a film rated a 15? 

3 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Friday was £900k higher than the Friday Endgame opened, so probably the biggest, yeah. If anyone has any others they want me to check just ask.

Saturday's Endgame weekend was over £1m higher than yesterday though

If it’s easy to get the info, could you please share the top 5 all time daily grosses for Mon through to Sun, and the biggest Fri-Sun openings of all time? Would be good to have a proper list as always so difficult to remember when trying to predict openings or compare.

14 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

Friday was £900k higher than the Friday Endgame opened, so probably the biggest, yeah. If anyone has any others they want me to check just ask.

I would love to know admits wise how higher was Endgame FRI and SAT. @Rtheimer

Another big day could be TFA opening day I imagine. Boxing day 2015 perhaps. Endgame OD could be big due to midnights, that was like 12M itself. 

Edited by across the Jat verse

13 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

I read that Harry Potter 8 opened to £9.48m on 15 July 2011 and I believe that was a Friday too  so that must be up there too.

6 minutes ago, Heretic said:

If it’s easy to get the info, could you please share the top 5 all time daily grosses for Mon through to Sun, and the biggest Fri-Sun openings of all time? Would be good to have a proper list as always so difficult to remember when trying to predict openings or compare.

I can only look up per film or per week and then manually get the data I'm afraid, can't just sort all records, sorry.

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

I read that Harry Potter 8 opened to £9.48m on 15 July 2011 and I believe that was a Friday too  so that must be up there too.

Good call, very close at £10,834,539 for all films, but this Friday was slightly higher at £10,994,430

Of course, admissions would have been much higher back then

• Like 3