Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

29 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

£4.65m including midnights

This is the first MCU film to have midnight screenings post-covid right? I don't recall even No Way Home or Multiverse of Madness having them. 

That seems pretty big. I don’t think today will see much of an increase if at all. Actually I wouldn’t be surprised if it dropped a little bit every day between Friday and Sunday, but should be good for at least £15m opening. 

46 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

£4.65m including midnights

How does this compare with MoM, BP2 and GOTG3?

Edited by leoh

9 minutes ago, leoh said:

How does this compare with MoM, BP2 and GOTG3?

MoM was £4.85m so it's a little below that. I don't have the others to hand right now. 

However, it's also a little lower than The Batman which was £4.8m. That film did have a traditional FSS tbf, but I include it because it was also rated 15. 

I believe this is the 6th best opening day of the post-covid era:

1) No Way Home - £7.6m

2) Barbie - £6.35m

3) No Time To Die - £4.86m

4) Multiverse of Madness - £4.85m

5) The Batman - £4.8m

6) Deadpool & Wolverine - £4.65m

Edited by Allanheimer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Impossible to compare with first two films Deadpool £3.76m from 2 days £2.34m Weds and £5.24m for Deadpool 2 over 2.5 days. 

Someone posted on here the top 10 venues for Deadpool will they be the same for Deadpool 3? 

1-CW Sheffield 20
2-Vue Westfield london
3-Vue Stratford
4-Odeon Manchester
5-CW Crawley
6-Vue West End 9
7-Odeon Liverpool One
8-CW Milton Keynes
9-CW Nottingham
10-Odeon Norwich
11-NAC Showcase Bluwater
12-Odeon Trafford

What were the Fri-Sat-Suns for Deadpool and Deadpool 2 and how did the holdovers perform DM4, Twisters and IO2 against it as probably held better than normally against MCU? 

Ooh, surprised to see it slightly down on MoM but then that was a 12A and Thursday is a working day. 

Cinema was very busy and lots of people had the merch cups and the baby Deadpool bucket things lol

3 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

They were seriously enforcing age checks at my cinema. Had a few turned away at my showing.

It's a big old fine if they're caught, can imagine some enforcement officers around a lot this weekend

Tell you what, though - there was a 14 year old that had a longer and thicker beard than I do. I laughed my arse off when he got ID checked and turned around.

Laughed almost as much as I always do when they play the KFC Believe in chicken ad. Honestly, it's such a weird ad - but it's the "Believe in Chicken. KFC" ending that just gets me every time. And there's always people loudly going "what in the actual fuck was that about?"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GreenbackBoogie said:

Impossible to compare with first two films Deadpool £3.76m from 2 days £2.34m Weds and £5.24m for Deadpool 2 over 2.5 days. 

Someone posted on here the top 10 venues for Deadpool will they be the same for Deadpool 3? 

1-CW Sheffield 20
2-Vue Westfield london
3-Vue Stratford
4-Odeon Manchester
5-CW Crawley
6-Vue West End 9
7-Odeon Liverpool One
8-CW Milton Keynes
9-CW Nottingham
10-Odeon Norwich
11-NAC Showcase Bluwater
12-Odeon Trafford

What were the Fri-Sat-Suns for Deadpool and Deadpool 2 and how did the holdovers perform DM4, Twisters and IO2 against it as probably held better than normally against MCU? 

1    Vue Manchester Printworks 
2    BFI IMAX    
3    Showcase Southampton De Lux 
4    Showcase Bluewater 
5    Cineworld Sheffield 
6    Vue Westfield Stratford 
7    Cineworld Basildon 
8    Odeon Liverpool One 
9    Odeon Bournemouth BH2
10    Odeon Leicester Square    

27 minutes ago, UKBoxOffice said:

1    Vue Manchester Printworks 
2    BFI IMAX    
3    Showcase Southampton De Lux 
4    Showcase Bluewater 
5    Cineworld Sheffield 
6    Vue Westfield Stratford 
7    Cineworld Basildon 
8    Odeon Liverpool One 
9    Odeon Bournemouth BH2
10    Odeon Leicester Square    

Thanks impressive performance by Vue Manchester as tickets for IMAX are half as much as BFI IMAX and seeing almost all shows from 3pm to 9pm close to sellouts will be #1 again today? Suprised to see Odeon is ahead of Cineworld Leicester Square and to see it #10 as remember the 80s and 90s when it would take £180k+, with double capacity and tickets a quarter of the price selling out shows Fri-Sun having queues around Leicester Square to get into the cinema. In 1989 Batman had 24 hour shows at Vue/Warner almost every one was sold out and there were ticket touts outside cinema. 

7 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

They were seriously enforcing age checks at my cinema. Had a few turned away at my showing.

i’m not surprised!  It’s a minimum 15.  Never ceases to amaze me that other countries permit adults to take their children in to see anything.