Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Anyone have any explanation for how TDKR is getting such amazing drops week to week even with the Olympics and hot weather and everything else that's been against it? Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, but I didn't see anything in it that would capture the hearts of British audiences more than every other superhero movie. It's going to destroy the totals for TDK and TA. Is it just the finale factor?

I assume you mean in pounds of course. In dollars it won't beat TDK because the current exchange rate is horrid.

Ek Tha Tiger did very well considering its a Bollywood film, I wonder if it beat Expendables and TDKR in those sites that showed it.Previews are a bit weird as it skews what a film actually made for the three days and some films like Ice Age and Brave have previews before the official release and also released early in some parts of the country.

Anyone have any explanation for how TDKR is getting such amazing drops week to week even with the Olympics and hot weather and everything else that's been against it? Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, but I didn't see anything in it that would capture the hearts of British audiences more than every other superhero movie. It's going to destroy the totals for TDK and TA. Is it just the finale factor?

The UK is similar to the US a lot of the time so TDKR is doing very well in both markets as both love Batman.TDK was extremely popular here in the UK and most people have seen it and loved it so everyone wants to see the epic, final chapter.IMAX has really helped too as pre-bookings were crazy for it and IMAX still contributes a lot of £ even this far into the run. Edited by JCS

To be honest TDKR is doing the same business everywhere else as well compared to TDK, it's not just an UK thing. I saw 8 times in IMAX and got clapped every single time in the end, so the crowd clearly loves the film. I think it can challenge £55m.I guess you would like to hear some Monday report. Brave #1 with £0.550, only 30% down, Ted overtakes Bourne, which had a huge 51% drop, resulting to be just ahead of TDKR that fell 40%. TE2 can't catch a break, distant 5th with 46% down from Sunday. Story of the day that TDKR passed 50m, will catch TA this week.

• Like 2

Bank holiday weekend coming up, so drops should be very soft, hopefully.Kieth Lemon: The movie has quite a few well know names in it...although, they're not really proper 'actors', but it's been advertised quite well, and he's very popular. I'd imagine this could be a mini-breakout with £3m ish, maybe enough to claim the top-spot.

Will TDKR reach 85 mill in US dollars by the end of Labour Day weekend?Thanks

Can't see it happening but would be great if it could! It is not a holiday here so that is not really a milestone for us. There is a bank holiday next Monday though which will help TDKR.

To be honest TDKR is doing the same business everywhere else as well compared to TDK, it's not just an UK thing. I saw 8 times in IMAX and got clapped every single time in the end, so the crowd clearly loves the film. I think it can challenge £55m.

TDKR is doing very well in most other countries, true, but proportionally it's done better in the UK than anywhere else. It's already made almost double the amount in dollars in the UK than it has in the next highest OS territory (South Korea).