Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I do like Keith Lemon but I think it's a character that doesn't lend itself to film length. The Alan Partridge Movie should do much better when it released next August although it faces competition from Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's The World's End.

• Like 1

http://www.bfi.org.u...alyearbook2012/

Page 28 have a list, but it's only for films after 1975.

Very surprised at the SW number. I'm sure it's MUCH higher than that...

Thanks.

Shame it is only goes back to 1975 and misses Gone With The Wind/Sound of Music...etc.

Jaws is the biggest climber and ET/Star Wars all did well.

I guess Star Wars was a more USA thing and then got bigger here later on.

Alright lads, time for a little Friday report. We have two new openers in the top 10. The Three Stooges bombs in a spectacular fashion at 8th place with £0.1m. It wouldn't be such a horrible number if it hadn't been playing in 349 cinemas and hadn't been doing less business than the fourth Friday of Wimpy Kid. The Expendables 2 can't recover, it's sitting at 6th with 0.28m, 43%,m down from last week. TDKR continues to impress at 5th with £0.36, only 18% down from last Friday. It's not looking so rosy for the other crappy opener, Keith Lemon disappoints with a bit above £0.42m that denies a top 3 entry. That's because Bourne is third with £0.45m, Ted is second with £0.48M.

That means that Merida triumphs once more, Brave regains the top spot with roughly £0.7m, 23% down from last week.

I knew Three Stooges would bomb, no appeal to UK market.

Expendables 2 continuing to flop, no 'MIB3' rise for it then.

Had a feeling Keith Lemon would do badly. Looked awful and unfunny and could not see it breaking out like Inbetweeners did.

Brave, Ted and TDKR continue to do well. Solid numbers for them. :)

Thanks.Shame it is only goes back to 1975 and misses Gone With The Wind/Sound of Music...etc.Jaws is the biggest climber and ET/Star Wars all did well.I guess Star Wars was a more USA thing and then got bigger here later on.I knew Three Stooges would bomb, no appeal to UK market.Expendables 2 continuing to flop, no 'MIB3' rise for it then.Had a feeling Keith Lemon would do badly. Looked awful and unfunny and could not see it breaking out like Inbetweeners did.Brave, Ted and TDKR continue to do well. Solid numbers for them. :)

Mr.Bean works OS, but not DOMso the 3 Stooges is their idea of funny, only Australia gets it

3 Stooges didn't improve much on Sat , Brave took lc1m on Sat up on last weekend puts it over lc1.7,Ted now over 25m and neck and next Ted/BL #2/3 for weekend Ted is slightly ahead, TDKR not to far behind at #4 past 52m and only of -7% so far on last week

• Like 3

3 Stooges didn't improve much on Sat , Brave took lc1m on Sat up on last weekend puts it over lc1.7,Ted now over 25m and neck and next Ted/BL #2/3 for weekend Ted is slightly ahead, TDKR not to far behind at #4 past 52m and only of -7% so far on last week

Awesome for Brave, Ted and TDKR.

TA couldn't even beat a movie about male strippers.

I don't think Full Monty would have made what it did if it hadn't come out right after Princess Di's death. It was to British audiences what Spider-Man was to the US - a feel good movie that lifted the nation's spirits after a national tragedy.TA definitely didn't reach its full potential in the UK, especially when you compare it to TDKR's run. I expect TA2 to increase.
  • Like 1

Wow. Some fantastic numbers there!Brave up on last Saturday. Brilliant. Ted past £25m! Looks like it could indeed hit £30m. That's incredible.Excellent for TDKR. Chugging along very nicely.

Hear, hear.At least the UK BO is having a good weekend after bad USA weekend.

Monday report: Huge increase for Brave, £1.1m, £14.4m tally. Bourne and Ted neck and neck £0.6m. Keith Lemon all of a sudden produced a 100% jump, but it's still a disappointing weekend for the film. TDKR solid increase, £0.55m, tally reached £53m. The Watch opened with £0.4m at 6th place. TE2 is down 7th with a poor Monday performance of £0.3m

Monday report: Huge increase for Brave, £1.1m, £14.4m tally. Bourne and Ted neck and neck £0.6m. Keith Lemon all of a sudden produced a 100% jump, but it's still a disappointing weekend for the film. TDKR solid increase, £0.55m, tally reached £53m. The Watch opened with £0.4m at 6th place. TE2 is down 7th with a poor Monday performance of £0.3m

Where do you think Bourne will end up? And why in the hell is Ted still doing so well? :lol: Edited by ECSTASY