Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

The Watch did pretty badly, Keith Lemon I can't see having legs, the WOM is pretty bad. Brave continuing its strong run and Ted and TDKR continue to chug along nicely. Only a handful of new films this week with the biggest being Total Recall on Wednesday, wonder how it will fare?

A rant about prices and services at Odeon cinemas has gone viral, I wonder how Odeon and the other cinema chains here will respond to it.

f867726735c8755f67343f57e794b215

It's actually £2.60. It's the same robbery like any other chain. If you look at the popcorn quantity/value ratio, Cineworld is the worst. But I don't blame them, cause people are stupid. There are three off-licence stores next to our site, but people still buy the shit at retail. Water, sweets, chocolate, you name it. Who's the stupid then? The only valid point is the ticket prices, but unfortunately that's the trend everywhere.

Edited by The Dark Alfred

It's actually £2.60. It's the same robbery like any other chain. If you look at the popcorn quantity/value ratio, Cineworld is the worst. But I don't blame them, cause people are stupid. There are three off-licence stores next to our site, but people still buy the shit at retail. Water, sweets, chocolate, you name it. Who's the stupid then? The only valid point is the ticket prices, but unfortunately that's the trend everywhere.

I'll agree that Cineworld aren't amazing for their concession prices, BUT at least they have some incentives there. As an example, my local does a 2 day a week special which gives you a small combo of popcorn and a drink for 3.50. They also have 10% off all concessions for Unlimited Card holders. While that makes the prices only a smidgen better, it's still an incentive.

The food at ODEON is daylight robbery. A bottle of water costs like £2.50.Is anyone really stupid enough to buy that?

Portugal needs someone to do this. And things are really bad here. Empty screens pretty much all the time.