Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Average weekend. So Sweeney won (including previews) the weekend, will check predictions later for who correctly guessed #1 for Sweeney.

Untouchable is release this week. Quite interested to see how it'll perform. Obviously, nowhere near how it has in other European countries, however.

Should do at least Amelie figures hopefully ($6M+) but maybe at least $10M+ if it expands as it is a global hit!

Taken 2's been rated 12A. Well that's a massive disappointment.Still, it should boost it's BO, and I imagine it's going to open pretty big. Possibly up to £5m.

That sucks. Won't be as good as Taken but it will obviously make more £ now with the lower rating. Edited by JCS

Amelie numbers are a pipedream with the low count at the moment.Ted's looking at saying goodbye to the top ten this weekend I think.My biggest surprise for the coming weekend is that Killing Me Softly and House at the End of the Street have made it to my local cineworld. I think £800,000 is probably the upper limit for those two. Norman and Savages to duel for No.1 methinks.

Well if UK audiences lap up The Intouchables like the rest of the world, then it will expand to more cinemas and hopefully gross more than Amelie. Makes sense to me.

I expect it'll expand in the coming weeks, they often do this for foreign and arthouse films like The Artist, Moonrise Kingdom, The Imposter etc

Brave is the 11th film of 2012 to pass the £20M milestone!4 more films to cross that mark too with a release date in 2012.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Just realised how good the holdover drops were this weekend. But that is due to the awful weekend last week so films were going to stay flat mostly.

Edited by JCS

So last week's players were:

TheDarkAlfred

CJohn

PhilipJ2001

JCS

Heretic

No one guessed Sweeney would be #1 so no one got the order right and there is no clear winner as far as I can see. Draw.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New predictions in by UK 11AM tomorrow (Thursday) as there are previews this week starting Wednesday and we might get early numbers on Thursday.

Predictions include preview grosses.

My predictions for this week:

The House at the End of the Street £1.2M

Savages £1.1M

Now is Good £1M

Killing them Softly £0.65M

Untouchable £0.3M

Edited by JCS

Hmm yeah, don't think Untouchables will be making much at all..Has just 1 showing at my cinema per day, at freaking 11am in the morning.

I don't don't know about the UK, but in Australia unless it's a major major theatre or a specialty theatre, foreign films won't get many showtimes.

Yeah. I think that's what's happening here. Bollywood movies get quite a high number of showtimes sometimes because of the significant Indian population in the UK, but other foreign films rarely seem to. I guess this won't be any different.There's usually a number of alternative cinema's, especially in London and the bigger cities, that'll probably be playing it. There is quite a big French population in London, however, so I did expect to see some regular cinemas showing it too. If you counted the number of French people here, it'd be France's 6th biggest city.

Amelie made $6m that is 40% of what it made in Germany.For Intouchables 40% of Germany would be $30m.

We can dream of $30M...

Hmm yeah, don't think Untouchables will be making much at all..Has just 1 showing at my cinema per day, at freaking 11am in the morning.

At first no it won't, but it should expand to more cinemas as it's popularity and success grows.

There is quite a big French population in London, however, so I did expect to see some regular cinemas showing it too. If you counted the number of French people here, it'd be France's 6th biggest city.

Yes, Intouchables should do very well in London this weekend. Massive French population here.