Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

The direction was what let the film down in places, the amount of closeups were unnecessary but it does work brilliantly in I Dreamed I Dream. I don't think it was meant to be shot with IMAX in mind, must have been a last minute decision by Universal. I don't think it'll clear £20m by next weekend but it'll defiantly be the high teens. It'll be interesting how Lincoln does given that Spielberg's last film War Horse did nearly £20m last year, it won't hit that but it wouldn't surprise me if it clears £10m especially if it starts winning awards,

But in order to cover wide the whole screen in IMAX, you need to compromise. As I said it had not been issue at all if 80% of the time the actors face wouldn't cover the whole screen. It worked for Anne Hathaway and Samantha Banks, but the rest was unnecessary.You think the box office is on fire? Come back on the 25th when instead of the fading Hobbit and the weak GS we'll have Django going strong and Lincoln and ZDT opening. ;)

Edited by Alfred Unchained

You guys lucky that NFL keeps me up late lolSo Saturday final estimates: Les Mis £3.4m, Pi £1.1m, Hobbitses £0.9m, Impossible £0.85m - very impressive, GS £0.8m - tally £1.6m, Quartet £0.4m - tally £4.5m, Reacher £0.35 - tally £8.5m, Texas Chainsaw £0.3m - tally £1.1m

Edited by Alfred Unchained
  • Like 3

Will be interesting what the other highest grossing cinemas were outside of OLS and Vue Westfield, I imagine Vue Westfield SC and Cineworld must be in there.

So far OLS by country mile, Vue Westfield17 London, Imax Southbank, CW Sheffield 20, CW glasgow 18
  • Like 1

if Sunday is only 10-20% lower than Saturday then it'll be £8.7-8.9m for the weekend, it's Universal's best opening since Ted although Ted had previews and released in the summer so Les Mis' takings are more impressive.

Edited by Jonwo

In the UK, LES MIS was the No. 1 film in the market by a huge margin with 37% market share. The 3-day estimated gross is $13.4M (£8.3M) at 589 locations.

£8.3M OW for Les Mis! Edited by JCS
  • Like 1