Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Wow. Woman In Black has had a shocking run! I would never have thought this could get into the high teens. It's obviously because of Daniel Radcliffe though. He understandably has a massive following here after Potter. Plus, the film is getting brilliant WOM.Good openings too.This Means War could do decently...maybe £1.5m. Maybe one last #1 for WIB? That would be an amazing feat.

John Carter will be number 1 although not seen much hype for it. Think The big March releases will be The Hunger Games, Wrath of the Titans and The Pirates!The Muppets has done great business despite the stiff competition from WIB. Disney will be pleased if it hits £15-16m total which is very good for a family film without 3D. I'm sort of surprised with the lack of animated and family films, Universal missed a trick not releasing The Lorax in March,

Edited by Jonwo

Because it is was written by an author there, and because it is a very English story. However, the biggest factor is that the play is one of the longest running plays in the West End of London and thus it is a very well known property.

Because it is was written by an author there, and because it is a very English story. However, the biggest factor is that the play is one of the longest running plays in the West End of London and thus it is a very well known property.

Ah yes forgot about that. It's surprising because many of my friends have seen the West End show and thought the movie would be nothing compared to it, but in actual fact, they thought it was scary as hell.

In the UK alone it's near that amount... It must be over $30m at least. Most of Europe is still to open so it should easily top 50m OS for 100m+ WW.

I wouldn't be suprised to see it approach 150M. Quite a hit for a movie with a budget of less than 15M. Not only the biggest hit for CBS Films, but just about the only one.

Anyone got predictions of what The Avengers may get on its four day weekend? I'm thinking £7-8m which is in line with Iron Man and Iron Man II, £10m would be nice but I don't expect it. It has the advantage of hardly any May competition until MIB3 so it could dominate.

Thor did well considering the character isn't as well known, Captain America did £2.9m but that was three days.The Hunger Games should do well, think it'll gross £3-4m, I expect the big grosses will come when Catching Fire is released but I happily be proved wrong. Wrath of The Titans should have a big OW and if The Pirates! is as good as I think it will be it, it should do £3-4m five days but have long legs.

Edited by Jonwo

I wouldn't be suprised to see it approach 150M. Quite a hit for a movie with a budget of less than 15M. Not only the biggest hit for CBS Films, but just about the only one.

Yeahh.. They finally made money.. Congrats to them

I think Avengers will do 8-9 mill £ OWPeople will hunger for a big movie

John Carter, Hunger Games, Wrath of the Titans and Battleship all some weeks before The Avengers.