Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Biggest Fall in Box Office Takings In 20 Yearshttp://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/biggest_fall_in_box_office_takings_in_20_years UK and Irish box office takings have experienced their biggest fall in takings for over 20 years.Animated films and sequels dominate the newly released list of 2013's top 10 films.But the £1.1bn made at the box office failed to match the huge success of 2012, a year in which Skyfall became the UK's most successful film ever.However, Lucy Jones from Rentrak, a company which monitors takings, said that despite a 1% drop, the film industry is still doing very well.The drop is the largest since Rentrak starting tracking in 1991.Ms Jones told Sky News: "2012 was particularly strong, with three films grossing over £50m - none achieved this milestone in 2013."We also had the biggest film of all time last year, Skyfall, grossing over £100m."In comparison, 2013's top release was Despicable Me 2 on £47m; this left a big gap to be filled in the latter part of the year, and we didn't quite make it."Here are 2013's top 10 films:1) Despicable Me 2 -  £47,371,469 2) Les Miserables - £40,658,858 3) Iron Man 3 - £36,965,265 4) Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug - £34,093,750 5) The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - £32,455,913 6) Monsters University - £30,643,740 7) Man Of Steel - £29,950,782 8) Frozen - £27,866,002 9) Gravity - £27,393,813 10) The Croods - £26,682,716

Nothing to see here..Move along

12 Years is having a 127 Hours style run out by the look of it. Less copies to the bigger Multiplexes now, spreads to the rest next week.

It should do well, I imagine its a three way race between American Hustle, Hobbit and 12 Years for number 1. Wolf of Wall Street is getting tons of advertising so I think that do well next week although at 3 hours, it probably won't get many showtimes