Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Ride along and non stop both doing great today at my localMARCH PREVIEW7TH MARCHThe month that starts off what is surely going to be an awful month. 300: rise of an empire will have a quite good opening though drop off horrificly in its holdover weeks. The grand Budapest hotel is only getting a wide release and will not be very frontloaded but will still not make that much. Escape from planet earth will probably bomb with Lego/Peabody still flying high and the late release date. Also it will bomb because of the 13 month wait from the American release date and advertising has been non-existent. Probably earn a bit lower than free birds.Two other notes: paranoia opens in 1 venue and the stag opens in IrelandQuick question: is son of g-d out that weekend?14TH MARCHOnly 1 saturation release in the form of need for speed which could do quite well due to the very uncrowded market and having a Wednesday opening. I can't see the zero theorem doing well (not seen 1 advertisement or poster or anything anywhere) and the stag which is going wide is giving me a few best men (I think that's what it's called) vibe. Im pretty sure Veronica mars is opening limited.Now onto the worst weekend21ST MARCHI could be wrong but I can see the Lego movie or need for speed potentially as the only films that can top £1M. About last night is only getting a wide release and i think it will gross just a bit more than the best man holiday. It will probably open to about £350K unless the marketing gets really good. A long way down just feels like a film that's going to bomb and Labor Day will tank. Starred up wont earn that much and is only in wide release. This weekend seems like a missed opportunity for divergent or the muppets most wantedFact: I believe a long way down is aaron Paul's and Imogen poots second appearance together in a film in nine days (after NFS)28TH MARCH20 Feet from stardom is getting a wide release though this doesn't strike me as the kind of film that will earn much. The legend of Hercules is going to flat out bomb hard, especially as its going up against captain America which will finally bring this month a big hit. The muppets 2 should also do pretty well

Despite being in its 13th week, frozen is still over 50% full at my cinema. Don't know if I mentioned this but when I went on half term Thursday to the cinema, frozen was the only film sold outI LOVE FROZEN

• Like 3