Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

I'm seeing it on Friday. So Excited. Love The MuppetsAlso want to see something on Wednesday as off school because of strike. I did want to CA2 but no one can make it so I might not go

Nothing wrong with going on your own dude. I'm currently on my own at the o2 Cineworld while my other half works.

Nothing wrong with going on your own dude. I'm currently on my own at the o2 Cineworld while my other half works.

That's what I'm thinking of doing. I just need to check about CA2 first because 1 friend could be able to make that.

If not i'll probably see ride along, percy Jackson 2 or escape from planet earth if I go

That's what I'm thinking of doing. I just need to check about CA2 first because 1 friend could be able to make that.If not i'll probably see ride along, percy Jackson 2 or escape from planet earth if I go

I still remember the first film I saw on my own. It was Johnny English when I was 11 up at the Vue in Cambridge. Once I got my unlimited pass I started doing it constantly for about 2 and a half years. When it comes to the smaller more obscure films, you can't rely on your buddies being interested so you sometimes need to go alone.Just sat down at the Sky Superscreen at the o2. Fuck me, when you ignore the BFI IMAX, this is one of the most impressive screens I've seen in a while. It may be on a par with the IMAX screen at Cineworld Crawley! Edited by Schumacher FTW
  • Like 1

GBH easily leading weekend only off 11% so far, extra theatres.NFS/ROAE only of 38% & Lego/NS -25%, Muppet previews #3 for Sat(slightly above Lego Sat)

So I guess then that we do have a film above £1M this week. Any news on the new entries (I think 3 will bomb of the 4)

Oh yeah for surenew entries you mean the ones ranking 7-9& 12 :) that wont even crack 500k

Ouch for starred up, was really expecting that to be a hitIs that just 12 not cracking 500k or all 4 of themMy predictions for new entries rankings7. Starred up8. A long way down9. Labor Day12. About last night- I said this would struggle

We started with GBH this weekend and have been pretty pleased with it - it's doing a lot better than I expected. Very strange looking film though.

We've also got A Long Way Down which is doing OK, especially if it's going to open nationwide under £500k

Muppets is pretty quiet compared with what I was expecting.

Muppets should do better with Easter but I think Rio 2 will hurt it though as that has previews next week.Its daft that neither Divergent nor Noah took advantage of the empty weekend instead opting for April 4th, guess everyone is fearing Captain America which I think will do well but less than Thor.

yeah the scheduling is very strange with muppets and captain America both next week, then Rio, Noah and Divergent the week after when the last 2 or three weeks have been dead.

it's the same at the end of aprilstart of may and then june is absolutely rammed

I think divergent should have opened on the 14th March and opened need for speed on either 2nd, 4th or 11th of April. Both are distributed by eone

I imagine EOne wanted to have Need for Speed launched day and date with the US and its likely that they wouldn't have been able to release it a week early anyway unless Lionsgate/Summit allowed them to.

yeah the scheduling is very strange with muppets and captain America both next week, then Rio, Noah and Divergent the week after when the last 2 or three weeks have been dead. it's the same at the end of aprilstart of may and then june is absolutely rammed

The May bank holiday weekend is unusually empty with just Pompeii and Tarzan but that's due to TASM2 launching two weeks earlier on Good Friday, the rest of May is pretty solid with Bad Neighbours, X-Men Days of Future Past, Maleficent plus A Million Way to Die in the West, June is okay with 22 Jump Street, Mrs Browns Boys and Jersey Boys then July is packed with new releases. Edited by Jonwo