Heretic

UK Box Office Thread

Guys, do a favor to yourself and go see Edge of Tomorrow. 

Heard good things about it, and I gotta admit, seeing the trailer on the big screen, before DOFP made me excited. I may check it out, but it's only playing at 8:20 PM for a week, as early screenings, until the 6th, and I don't feel like getting home at midnight, taking into account the drive.

I am waiting for the day when I come here and I read someone saying that a blockbuster underperformed or bombed in the UK. Everything just seems to do huge numbers.

EDIT: I hope that day isn't with EoT.  :unsure:

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

22 Jump Street is gonna be huge. Yesterday at my sold out X-Men show it got by far the best reaction.

Hopefully huge, not quite Hangover 2 but shouldn't be miles off.

I am waiting for the day when I come here and I read someone saying that a blockbuster underperformed or bombed in the UK. Everything just seems to do huge numbers.EDIT: I hope that day isn't with EoT. :unsure:

Outside of IMAX or D-box it's getting smaller screens than A million ways to die. I'm sorry CJohn, but I will try to bump the gross up by seeing it at done point this week.
  • Like 1

I am waiting for the day when I come here and I read someone saying that a blockbuster underperformed or bombed in the UK. Everything just seems to do huge numbers.

EDIT: I hope that day isn't with EoT.  :unsure:

Word. I have never read a heretic post where he said a blockbuster underperformed. I only read its "HUGE", " never seen lines as big as this" etc.

Hope this continues for sure 

EoT is gonna get overshadowed by X-Men and Maleficent double whammy.

TBH I think EoT was doomed no matter where it was slotted, next week it would have been hit by 22 Jump Street and late June and early July would be hit by Transformers and DOTPOTA. 

A Million Ways I think will be lost as well, the World Cup means everything is being packed into 1-2 weekends,

• Like 2