Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti Kitchen: Watch Your Six

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

Tbh the reason Brickleberry wasn't my worst of the year was because I actually finished it and went "yup, that's the trash that used to ruin my late night TV watching when I was still living at home." Couldn't say the same about Rapsittie.

I can tell you that I was not in a sound mental state when I wrote it. :whosad:

• Sad 1

The Line Break Award for Honorable Mentions

Like my Tony Yacenda project, these five films were THIS close to making it this year, but just missed the mark.

I will comment that one film here received a B-, but the others received a B/B-. Do the thing, Ben.

Image result for verge of greatness gif

Spoiler

Duck Hunt

Spoiler

The Neon Psalms

Spoiler

Teyonnah and the Renegades: A Righteous Sextet

Spoiler

Spring Awakening

Spoiler

Thermal

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

I can tell you that I was not in a sound mental state when I wrote it. :whosad:

You need a Snoopy hug? Have a Snoopy hug.

104747511-woodstock-peanuts-and-snoopy-h

This is on the condition that a third one doesn't get made, otherwise the Snoopy hug will be rescinded.

• Sad 1

6-25 will be revealed in a completely random order. Pay attention to numbers.

Let's begin.

Spoiler

Voicemail

Thrilling and thought-provoking, Morena Baccarin really carries this piece and makes it something deeper. The ending isn't perfect, but some discussion I had with Xillix helped a good bit.

Spoiler

Little Black Bugs

Rorschach are you okay

Spoiler

The Ancient Magus Bride and the King of Cats

The film's odd structure doesn't really help the film, but it's still a fascinating world that has been fun to explore so far. As iffy as the main relationship is, both Elias and Chise are fun characters to watch.

Spoiler

The Girlfriend Hoax

The wildest, most fun documentary of the year.

Spoiler

Pokemon: The Cinnabar Conspiracy

A fun and exciting finale to a fun and exciting franchise! I've never been HUGE into numbers' Pokemon films but this might be the best one.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

You need a Snoopy hug? Have a Snoopy hug.

104747511-woodstock-peanuts-and-snoopy-h

This is on the condition that a third one doesn't get made, otherwise the Snoopy hug will be rescinded.

Spoiler

Okay I should clarify because I was drunk and feeling kinda weird and anxious the day I wrote it. I'm pretty sure it was mainly the alcohol talking, lol, but I've been a bit up and down all year. I wouldn't say it's a place of depression. More like my mind just kinda being all over the place.

Not trying to rescind the hug, just don't want to make it sound worse than it was. Sorry!

Spoiler

Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. the Current Hollywood Landscape

Michelle Haywood really ought to sue, but she's totes cool with this.

Spoiler

Shiverin' Gulch

Just as fun in this iteration as it was last time. Hal feels a bit less compelling th but Susan Burlap is an iconic heroine.

Spoiler

Plus One

A funny, charming romcom that makes great use of its two leads and feels sweet and genuine, even making cliches feel that way.

Spoiler

Hired Guns

That's right, you get double driver. This was a damn fun western and one of the most exciting films of the year. Pascal might be the MVP, though. He's so into his mayhem.

Spoiler

The Trapped Keeper

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

Children of Eden

Visually, emotionally, and cerebrally stunning. Definitely one of the strongest films of the yea.r

Spoiler

In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

For all its flaws, it's a unique feature that's both thought provoking and, for the most part, well crafted.

Spoiler

Mass Effect: Ascension

A well crafted, thrilling, and engaging space adventure with a unique flavor to set it apart from other space operas in the game. I did like the first a bit more, admittedly.

Spoiler

The Last Policeman

An effective, intense mystery that solves its core plot but invites us into a darker, more fascinating world. I can't wait to see how this story continues.

Spoiler

Fiesta Loca

High energy and infectiously enjoyable, even if some of its elements feel a bit superfluous. It's a fun and engaging little movie that I look forward to revisiting every October.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Spoiler

Borrasca

I wish there was room for this (And Children of Eden) in my top 5, but this was damn good stuff, even if the ending isn't quite perfect once you get past the initial shock.

Spoiler

The Power of Love

A fun premise solidly executed. Not bad for a January flick!

Spoiler

Lumberjanes: Secret of the Eye

Spoiler

I don't usually like to do ties but I messed up so here you go.

Blankments and EGK both wrote some fun comedies this year. They're both 20!

The Thin, The Phat, and the Felon

Jeremy Renner Presents.... THE APP: The Jeremy Renner App: The Movie

Spoiler

Super Mario Bros.

The bloated second half kind of hampers the film, but it's still a fun ride with some very strong qualities!

Okay so Gateways, Most Wanted Man, Borrasca, and Children of Eden aren't number one, so what is?

This is actually a film I pre-read as an outline, one that I liked a good bit, as i kept thinking about it and watching it come together in its finished form, more of the pieces came together in this wild, sweet, progressive, hilarious, soulful, and genuinely joyous little surprise. It's something that's kept growing on my mind, and I wanted to recognize it by making it my number one film of the year.

Without further ado...

Spoiler

Spoiler

THIRSTY

A Film by Olivia Wilde

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

1 minute ago, Spaghetti said:

Okay so Gateways, Most Wanted Man, Borrasca, and Children of Eden aren't number one, so what is?

This is actually a film I pre-read as an outline, one that I liked a good bit, as i kept thinking about it and watching it come together in its finished form, more of the pieces came together in this wild, sweet, progressive, hilarious, soulful, and genuinely joyous little surprise. It's something that's kept growing on my mind, and I wanted to recognize it by making it my number one film of the year.

Without further ado...

Hide contents

Hide contents

THIRSTY

A Film by Olivia Wilde

• Like 1

Full List:

Spoiler

1. Thirsty

2. Paradise Island

3. The Most Wanted Man in Great Britain

4. Gateways

5. Spark: A Hero's Promise

6. Children of Eden

7. Borrasca

8. The Last Policeman

9. Hired Guns

10. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson vs. the Current Hollywood Landscape

11. Fiesta Loca

12. The Trapped Keeper

13. Plus One

14. Voicemail

15. Mass Effect: Ascension

16. Shiverin' Gulch

17. Lumberjanes: Secret of the Eye

18. Pokemon: The Cinnabar Conspiracy

19. Super Mario Bros.

20. TIE: The APP: The Jeremy Renner App - The Movie / The Thin, The Phat, and the Felon

21. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

22. Little Black Bugs

23. The Power of Love

24. The Girlfriend Hoax

25. The Ancient Magus Bride and the King of Cats

Thank you @4815162342 @Rorschach @Blankments @YourMother the Edgelord @Reddroast @SLAM! @Ethan Hunt @Xillix for making so many great movies this year!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1