cookie

Cookie Does Requests or Whatever (Cookie's Corner Y6) - Unlike Garfield, this thread doesn't hate Mondays

The Looking Ahead award for Most Anticipated Y7 Film

This list is based on memory and what I can easily skim in the studio plans or the Magazine thread, so chillax if yours isn't on here.

and the nominees are:

Attack on Titan

Banjo & Kazooie

The Ends of the Universe

The Epsilon Syndicate: The Art of the Dream

Green Lantern Corps: Home 

The Long Way Home

The Rescuers: Burden of Dreams

Star Fox: Part I

Should You Imagine?

and the winner is:

Spoiler

Spoiler

iadIa5A.gif

@Alpha's adaptation of the currently underappreciated Nintendo franchise has been a long time coming, being hyped as early as either Year 2 or Year 3, I believe. It was this close to being finished this year, apparently, but issues with the third act pushed it to next year. Never wrong to give something more time in the oven if it so needs to; to paraphrase Star Fox creator Shigeru Miyamoto himself, "a delayed film is eventually good, but a rushed film is forever bad."

What puts this over the edge isn't my personal attachment to the franchise but rather the insanely bold vision @Alpha has put forward. Not only has the story been split into two parts (and has inspired me to do the same with a future film of mine, SkyRiders), but the pitch just for the first part has raised more than a few eyebrows: It's apparently going to be a 170-minute animated sci-fi epic with heavy lifting from the works of Quentin Tarantino of all places. The reasons for this evade me, but it sounds just bonkers enough to have me wildly intrigued.

It can be the greatest thing ever or a total mess, but I'll be damned if I don't want to see it. Some of CAYOM's most memorable work (not necessarily the best) have come from their creators swinging for the fences, and Star Fox: Part I would be a huge disappointment if it's not an out-of-the-park smash or a spectacular swing and a miss. Either way, I'm down for it.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

A Very Bountiful Christmas

The Croaking of Prince Chrom

The Dreams We Live

Pillars of Eternity: An Ancient Legacy

Scorching Saddles

Until Dawn

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cookie said:

This list is based on memory and what I can easily skim in the studio plans or the Magazine thread, so chillax if yours isn't on here.

and the nominees are:

Attack on Titan

Banjo & Kazooie

The Ends of the Universe

The Long Way Home

Should You Imagine?

and the winner is:

Hide contents

Spoiler

iadIa5A.gif

@Alpha's adaptation of the currently underappreciated Nintendo franchise has been a long time coming, being hyped as early as either Year 2 or Year 3, I believe. It was this close to being finished this year, apparently, but issues with the third act pushed it to next year. Never wrong to give something more time in the oven if it so needs to; to paraphrase Star Fox creator Shigeru Miyamoto himself, "a delayed film is eventually good, but a rushed film is forever bad."

What puts this over the edge isn't my personal attachment to the franchise but rather the insanely bold vision @Alpha has put forward. Not only has the story been split into two parts (and has inspired me to do the same with a future film of mine, SkyRiders), but the pitch just for the first part has raised more than a few eyebrows: It's apparently going to be a 170-minute animated sci-fi epic with heavy lifting from the works of Quentin Tarantino of all places. The reasons for this evade me, but it sounds just bonkers enough to have me wildly intrigued.

It can be the greatest thing ever or a total mess, but I'll be damned if I don't want to see it. Some of CAYOM's most memorable work (not necessarily the best) have come from their creators swinging for the fences, and Star Fox: Part I would be a huge disappointment if it's not an out-of-the-park smash or a spectacular swing and a miss. Either way, I'm down for it.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

The Dreams We Live

Scorching Saddles

Until Dawn

Oh *sheds tear*

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

and the nominees are:

Attack on Titan

Banjo & Kazooie

The Ends of the Universe

The Long Way Home

Should You Imagine?

and the winner is:

Hide contents

Spoiler

iadIa5A.gif

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

The Dreams We Live

Scorching Saddles

Until Dawn

I know I’m being greedy at this point but what about Agents of CHANGE

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

and the nominees are:

Attack on Titan

Banjo & Kazooie

The Ends of the Universe

The Long Way Home

Should You Imagine?

and the winner is:

Reveal hidden contents

I, too, can't wait for Star Fox: Part I! That's gonna be a wild ride!

Nevertheless, I'm really glad you're also excited about Banjo & Kazooie (which I'm starting to form the plot for in my head) and Croaking of Prince Chrom (which I didn't expect anyone to be anticipating that much)!

Can't wait for Y7...