RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

On 2/19/2024 at 10:49 PM, Porthos said:

Presented without comment:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9LTKPZTiAmdhnZsQTOqgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQe6PHq5OU29Q6UE8DoH6e

MV5BMTc0Njc1MTU5Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjA4images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSQX_39GAE9caPnge5G42

The m ind boggles on the  quality diffrence between the schlock films on the  left and "CHernobly" which is one of hte most brilliant TV miniseries I have ever seen.

Edited by dudalb

On 2/20/2024 at 1:17 PM, Krissykins said:

Sydney Sweeney is hosting SNL at the start of March, plenty of Madame Web jokes to come I’m sure. 

Poking fun ta the movie would be a smart move for her.

Her career is on the rise and a bad movie won't hurt it. Every actor make she occasional turkey. It is a string of them in a row that does damage.

Whi is it that  nobody how big a flop it is, you have somebody saying "Well, It did not bomb that bad.....

Madame Webb is a fiasco for SONY,a  million one way or the other will not change that .

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Whi is it that  nobody how big a flop it is, you have somebody saying "Well, It did not bomb that bad.....

Madame Webb is a fiasco for SONY,a  million one way or the other will not change that .

At this point, with Wednesday's number arguably indicating its second weekend number and Dune Pt. 2 set to obliterate *everything* when it opens, I think the will it/won't it threshold is 40M.

I really hope the SONY execs reconsider the whole Spideyverse spinoffs on  supporting and in some cases obscure charecters; it is simply not working except in the case of Venom who actually has a large following. But Sony is so desperate for franchises they will continue to throw money down this rat hole.

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I really hope the SONY execs reconsider the whole Spideyverse spinoffs on  supporting and in some cases obscure charecters; it is simply not working except in the case of Venom who actually has a large following. But Sony is so desperate for franchises they will continue to throw money down this rat hole.

They’re still doing it, next up Kraven. And I bet Venom 3 will decrease again. 

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

They’re still doing it, next up Kraven. And I bet Venom 3 will decrease again. 

Kraven is in the can, so they have no choice. But  I hope Kraven is the lost attempt to spin off supporting charecters into a solo movie. Just is not working.

And now they have a sucess in the Animated Spideyverse movies they have no real reason to throw money down the  solo movie on charecters nobody but the Hard Core Spidy fans have heard of rathole. Granted, Kraven is a bit better known, but I think when it comes to putting fannies in the seats he is no Joker.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Apparently the TV show based on the Silk character got canned last week.

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Apparently the TV show based on the Silk character got canned last week.

Just proves my point. Aside from Venom, the general public just does not care about the Spidey verse supporting cast.