RealLyre

Madame Web | February 14, 2024 | Sony Spider-Man Movie I SJ Clarkson to direct

43 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

With the movie at 58% on RT , i'm very worried about the cinemascore .

I'm think at this point the movie will have a D+ or C-

Right now I see a 65% verified score and a 42% overall score. By comparison, Morbius has a 71% verified score and a 64% overall score.

3 hours ago, belblazer said:

Debuted with 60% verified audience and 39% all audience.

God, given how inflated audience ratings are that is truly, truly, horrible.

Frankly, if you get less then 85% audience rating, you are in deep trouble.

8 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t think we need to claim that Sydney Sweeney “can’t act” because of this film. She was nominated for two acting Emmy’s in the same year. She is incredible in Euphoria. It’s not fair to judge someone’s whole ability on one film. 

Inote that Sweeney kept her marketing duties for Madame Web is a minimun. I think she knew the film was bad and she was not good in it.

And , or course, there are scripts so bad that the best actor or actress in the world is going to look bad doing them.This might be the case here.

1000% agreed people here are way to quick to pronounce somebody's career over because of one bad film. There are twon kind of actors and actresses in the world; Those who have starred in a bad movie and those who will.

23 hours ago, XXR vs XXR said:

Down to 16% on RT. Lets see if we can get sub-1.8x legs.

The Good Old Days of Uwe Boll returns; when we used to predict how low his ratings would go.

Edited by dudalb

42 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Inote that Sweeney kept her marketing duties for Madame Web is a minimun. I think she knew the film was bad and she was not good in it.

And , or course, there are scripts so bad that the best actor or actress in the world is going to look bad doing them.This might be the case here.

1000% agreed people here are way to quick to pronounce somebody's career over because of one bad film. There are twon kind of actors and actresses in the world; Those who have starred in a bad movie and those who will.

I am curious how it made her feel to learn it was bad, not unlike how the disappointing response to Eternals affected Kumail Nanjiani. We may know down the line.

Edited by Jay Beezy

7 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I am curious how it made her feel to learn it was bad, not unlike how the disappointing response to Eternals affected Kumail Nanjiani. We may know down the line.

Uh, she might have seen all the things the critics seem to have seen.

3.8 imdb right on start, I've never seen such a low score for a big budget movie in a long long time, it's kind of impressive, truly a birth of this generation's Batman & Robin. Can't wait to see cast interviews years later disowning the movie and pointing fingers at each other. S. J. Clarson's career is over I assume, at least on a big screen.

Damn. I thought Sony couldn't make a film worst than The Marvels but I just saw the RT rating. That's in worst cbm's of all time category. Maybe the movie is so bad its good and worth a watch to see the trainwreck.

On 2/13/2024 at 10:42 AM, Eric Web said:

I feel like at some point, the studio execs have to think to themselves that greenlighting movies with this kind of talent is a sick joke. Like when you see a body of work like this, you know the movie's gonna suck. So why even greenlight them or tap them onto the project? It makes no sense.

This was greenlit at a time when studios felt ANY CBM would make money.

And, to be nhonest, some really bad movies have been sucessful at the box office.

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

Damn. I thought Sony couldn't make a film worst than The Marvels but I just saw the RT rating. That's in worst cbm's of all time category. Maybe the movie is so bad its good and worth a watch to see the trainwreck.

The Marvels has a higher RT rating than any Spider-Man-less Spider-Verse movie.

3 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

Right now I see a 65% verified score and a 42% overall score. By comparison, Morbius has a 71% verified score and a 64% overall score.

I see 17 percent critics. 66 verified score, 47 all audience.

Just now, Jay Beezy said:

I know that. I'm saying if she'll outright address how it made her *feel*.

Probably not. Best thing an actor can do if they make a bad movie is forget about it and move on. Maybe in a few years you can even makes jokes about it.

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

(Whispers)
I didn’t think the Marvels was that bad.

Just now, DAR said:

(Whispers)
I didn’t think the Marvels was that bad.

Agreed, It was a long way from being one of Marvel's best products, but I have seen  worse CBM's...Ant Man 3 comes to mind.

Just now, dudalb said:

This was greenlit at a time when studios felt ANY CBM would make money.

And, to be nhonest, some really bad movies have been sucessful at the box office.

But, having begun filming *after* Morbius, why in the fresh hell didn't they reconsider their approach to Madame Web and hire *real* writers to replace the Morbius writers?