kayumanggi

DHD Saturday (03.24): 50.0 M | THE HUNGER GAMES

And trust me, I don't want to undersell Potter here at all. I was a BOM lurker for nearly 8 years, and I can say with full confidence that I'm a bigger Potter fan than Noctis is. I'm never going to make any attempt to make it look bad.

I'll be your huckleberry. :) Edited by Telemachos

Snape's death was incredibly suspenseful. The scene where they man the boundaries of Hogwarts was a perfect mix of visuals and music. The Prince's Tale is probably the best scene I've seen all year; emotional, beautifully acted, and immaculately edited. Bellatrix had too little screen-time, though, which sucks. But other than that, you should enjoy the fuck out of it.

When my hallucinations stopped and I could see The Hunger Games instead of DH2, I enjoyed it more but I can't help but feel that the last few minutes could have been way more suspenseful.

:lol:

Nice. Thanks for the review. Did the shaky cam become a non factor the second time?

And trust me, I don't want to undersell Potter here at all. I was a BOM lurker for nearly 8 years, and I can say with full confidence that I'm a bigger Potter fan than Noctis is. I'm never going to make any attempt to make it look bad.

Posted Image

:lol:Nice. Thanks for the review. Did the shaky cam become a non factor the second time?

No, it was still a factor...definitely was. I swear, it genuinely seemed like the cinematographer was getting constantly zapped by Gary Ross.

I don't really understand the shade thrown at HP. This film owes part of its success to HP and Twilight and I doubt these books would have been picked up for adaptions if it weren't for their successes.Plus i dont think it's really fair to compare an 8th movie to that of a 1st movie. SS's adjusted gross is 437.7m (BOM) which DH2's adjusted gross doesn't even compare to. Another factor is that HP is innately british. The moment when HG breaks out overseas will tell whether it can truly compare with HP's popularity. AKA it wont cause SS made 970 (unadjusted right off the bat) :P .

It didn't give me a headache at all. I just felt it was poorly motivated and dramatically weakened the scenes it was used for.

I got a headache the first time around, but the second time I was expecting it so it wasn't bad.

THG could have been more visually pleasing. Eclipse was a Twilight film that still looked pretty damn good visually.

I didn't say there wasn't a better way it could have been shot, I just don't think it was really detracting like a lot of people seem to be making it out to be. Edited by MovieMan89