TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

is the whole "lost time-didnt see child grow up" theme lifted from the original BP2 script?

or does marvel want to go all in on that theme?

Im not a parent, but I just cant see the writers getting much dramatic juice out of superhumans who are all relatively young losing a few years

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

2 minutes ago, Verrows said:

So guys, what are your OW predicts?

Assuming this movie actually does deliver cause you never know.  I´m thinking 90+ 3-day and 100+ 4-day. It looks great but its still an Ant-Man movie so some reservations here.

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Verrows said:

So they DID release another one concurrently with the trailer. I was wondering about that because as nice as yesterday's poster was, there was something about it that didn't look like the typical Marvel theatrical poster, and we know how uniform they are with those.

Oh I didn't know the other poster wasn't from today. I only just saw it today while catching up with the thread. I'm not sure how I didn't notice so many posts for 3 weeks lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

is the whole "lost time-didnt see child grow up" theme lifted from the original BP2 script?

or does marvel want to go all in on that theme?

Im not a parent, but I just cant see the writers getting much dramatic juice out of superhumans who are all relatively young losing a few years

But Scott also has heavy guilt from being in prison when Cassie was very young. 
It’s gotta be huge in his mind. 
Big hero, but absent dad. 

• Like 1

3 ant-people is one too many, wouldnt be surprised if they killed one off to showcase Kang, Scott seems likes the easy answer but it seems too obvious

12 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Oh I didn't know the other poster wasn't from today. I only just saw it today while catching up with the thread. I'm not sure how I didn't notice so many posts for 3 weeks lol.

Understandable because Marvel doesn't usually release multiple standard posters like this. They release a teaser poster with the teaser trailer, a theatrical poster with the main trailer, and then any other posters are exclusives (Dolby, IMAX etc.). Or international ones of course, but yesterday's and today's poster don't look like the international style.

I hope I'm not the only one going over $100M 3-day lol. I dunno....I just think this looks "big" enough to top the second one's opening by a mere $25M or more, especially with inflation and all that. Regardless of the fact it's Ant-Man, that really doesn't seem like too tall a task at all. Now if it was another small and cute and whimsical little adventure, then sure I could see it barely improving on the second one.

4 minutes ago, Verrows said:

I hope I'm not the only one going over $100M 3-day lol. I dunno....I just think this looks "big" enough to top the second one's opening by a mere $25M or more, especially with inflation and all that. Regardless of the fact it's Ant-Man, that really doesn't seem like too tall a task at all. Now if it was another small and cute and whimsical little adventure, then sure I could see it barely improving on the second one.

I def think it´s possible. I just am being more cautious as MCU lately hasn´t been delivering on the movie front and that def has affected OW like with Thor and MoM

• Like 1