TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

10 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

China loves Ant-Man and the bigger scale of this defo gonna help its gross. Naysayers gonna naysay!

I've been a believer from the start (aside from my feelings about the state of the MCU in general)! $110M 3-day baby!

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

On 1/14/2023 at 9:39 AM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

A Chinese release won't do shit in the climate they're currently in. This movie's already risky enough as is, using a weirdo like Ant-Man to set up the next major Avengers event. Don't waste money on a market with diminishing returns.

Besides, once Simu Liu joins Kang Dynasty Marvel's going back into their blacklist.

I hate that you're right about this.:kitschjob: Marvel needs to send Simu Liu on a apology tour across China.

• ...wtf 1

On 1/16/2023 at 12:21 AM, eddyxx said:

I hate that you're right about this.:kitschjob: Marvel needs to send Simu Liu on a apology tour across China.

Uh... No, they don't.  No one needs to "apologize" to China for anything, let alone just to make money.  And I think that's largely stopped being even thought about after John Cena's debacle of an attempt. 

You Cant See Me John Cena GIF by WWE

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 6

On 1/13/2023 at 2:00 PM, poweranimals said:

So the question is when will Kang turn blue?

He has a blue-tinted mask he puts on that resembles his comic look; I expect that's the closest we'll get. 

I don't know if they want another blue/purple universal threat...

Edited by Macleod

On 1/14/2023 at 4:33 PM, JustLurking said:

...you do realise MOM and Thor4 have quite literally the exact same cinemascore as black adam and ww84, with both of them having worse rt than black adam as well

I actually even like MOM myself, but this hill you are trying to die on is weird as fuck. Just move on already.

Anyway not sure how much I trust the China release thing but would certainly be good to be back to have fairly consistent china releases, not just for ant-man but films in general

First class has the same cibemascore as ww84.

Using cibemascore as the hill to die on is weird as fuck. Both movies have better audiebce scores than the majority of the movies i mentioned everywhere from letterboxd, rt, imdb etc. I will "move on" once a specific narrative here dies

• Knock It Off 2

On 1/14/2023 at 5:50 PM, THUNDER BIRD said:

MCU movies having Bs in Cinemascore in Infinity Saga - 1 

MCU movies having Cinemascore in Bs since Endgame - 3

The audience is speaking.

Then i guess they spoke highly for the majority of phase 4 since most movies didnt get Bs. Thats of course if you are only taking cinemascore into account which is hilarious

• Knock It Off 2

Thor and MoM has the same cinemascore aswell but every other metric tells that MoM was better than LaT. Cinemascore is great but it´s not everything. It only polls first day audiences and is a great metric for legs. That said there is no denying that MCU with three B cinemascores the audiences aren´t happy lately.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Macleod said:

Uh... No, they don't.  No one needs to "apologize" to China for anything, let alone just to make money.  And I think that's largely stopped being even being thought about after John Cena's debacle of an attempt. 

You Cant See Me John Cena GIF by WWE

If you wanna do business in China then it’s a necessity to kiss the ring.

23 minutes ago, Jeight said:

First class has the same cibemascore as ww84.

Using cibemascore as the hill to die on is weird as fuck. Both movies have better audiebce scores than the majority of the movies i mentioned everywhere from letterboxd, rt, imdb etc. I will "move on" once a specific narrative here dies

Ok, let us look at the other metrics then, I'm down

IMDB: Thor sits at a very nice last place mcu tie with eternals (another greatly received film according to you I'm sure), while MoM is doing much better at an amazing 21st 👀

Verified RT: Not the greatest metric since it is a rather recent introduction, but thor shares last place with Eternals while MoM only outranks these 2 films

letterboxd: A whopping 2.9/5 to secure an outstanding 2nd to last mcu tie for L&T, while MoM ranks 19th

Their legs are nothing short of incredible too with a 2.19 and 2.38, truly hallmarks of outstanding reception

"They are doing better than WW84" isn't exactly a hallmark of good reception considering that film managed to get the franchise canned, but perhaps you have another super secret metric I can try to prove the good reception you speak of?

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JustLurking said:

IMDB: Thor sits at a very nice last place mcu tie with eternals (another greatly received film according to you I'm sure), while MoM is doing much better at an amazing 21st 👀

Verified RT: Not the greatest metric since it is a rather recent introduction, but thor shares last place with Eternals while MoM only outranks these 2 films

letterboxd: A whopping 2.9/5 to secure an outstanding 2nd to last mcu tie for L&T, while MoM ranks 19th

Their legs are nothing short of incredible too with a 2.19 and 2.38, truly hallmarks of outstanding reception

"They are doing better than WW84" isn't exactly a hallmark of good reception considering that film managed to get the franchise canned, but perhaps you have another super secret metric I can try to prove the good reception you speak of?

The Simpsons GIF

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JustLurking said:

To add if we used Rotten Tomatoes verified Black Adam technically has better reception than either MoM and LaT. The Suicide Squad is also over Love and Thunder.

3 hours ago, Jeight said:

Then i guess they spoke highly for the majority of phase 4 since most movies didnt get Bs. Thats of course if you are only taking cinemascore into account which is hilarious

Only thing hilarious is thinking that Marvel made movies in Phase 4.

Marvel just made some products for manufacturing, slapped it into plastic lunch box and sold it.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

14 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Only thing hilarious is thinking that Marvel made movies in Phase 4.

Marvel just made some products for manufacturing, slapped it into plastic lunch box and sold it.

Well this is just the other extreme of that absurdity. They obviously made movies.

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Thanks 1