CJohn

Weekend Estimates - THE HUNGER GAMES | 155M

But that was going to have a ridiculous 8.5% hold, this is heading to ~15% or a bit less, I'm actually thinking that this could go as high as 45 million. (But, please don't shoot me for this, I'm being optimistic) :D

Anything over 40m would be amazing. 45m would just be downright insane.

Anything over 40m would be amazing. 45m would just be downright insane.

45m would basically prove that this films wasn't, and won't be, ridiculously frontloaded, and that, providing the world doesn't end within the next 7 days, it means business and is taking a serious shot at that 2nd WE record.

This might end up selling around 20m tickets, which is 1m ticket sales over DH2. So happy for it. If there's one fantasy franchise to defeat Potter (domestically), it sure as hell should be The Hunger Games instead of something like Twilight.

• Like 1

That would be a helluva an increase from the estimates. Are estimates ever that off?

Sunday number isn't an estimate. It's a projection that was made before the first Sunday show even took place.

That would be a helluva an increase from the estimates. Are estimates ever that off?

Yes because it is Sunday "projections", not estimates. The 36m number is just what the studio projects it to make that morining. TDK, SM3, and Shrek 2 all saw increases on 3m+ from their original estimates becuase of excellent Sunday performances.

Not at all. Annihilate suggests a huge increase.

Given the fact that DH2 was the finale of a 10yr long mega franchise, I, personally, believe that THG ticket sales are far more impressive, and in turn "anhialated" DH2.

Yes because it is Sunday "projections", not estimates. The 36m number is just what the studio projects it to make that morining. TDK, SM3, and Shrek 2 all saw increases on 3m+ from their original estimates becuase of excellent Sunday performances.

And this will follow suit!

Given the fact that DH2 was the finale of a 10yr long mega franchise, I, personally, believe that THG ticket sales are far more impressive, and in turn "anhialated" DH2.

And it'd sell a full 2 million more tickets than DH2 on OW alone.

You can find it far more impressive all you like but the meaning of "annihilate" is not for you to change. ;) Edited by Elessar

The other studio estimates may change so it really needs 40M+.

Only if Friday drops, I don't see how Lionsgate won't have that Saturday figure above Spidey, it is 0.3 million away from it.

Sunday number isn't an estimate. It's a projection that was made before the first Sunday show even took place.

Of course. Dumb me, guess I knew that, just wasn't thinking. So exciting that it could still beat TDK then!!!