Eric Prime

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND THREAD | Frozen 85.25 3-Day, 123.75 5-Day. Thanksgiving record! | KO 27/41.7, FvF 13.2/19, ABDITN 11.8/17.3, Q&S 11.7/15.8 | BLACK FRIDAY SALE UNTIL SUNDAY - GOLD ACCOUNTS 25% OFF

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

The soundtrack as a whole is better than the first film's but I think the movie itself is worse. It even misses a whole act and there's way too many unexplored things for it to feel like a cohesive film. The movie has way too much going on for its own good (its like if The Irishman was only 2 hours long and Jimmy Hoffa didn't appear until the last half hour). 

Yeah, whether or not the character-driven emotional Stakes make up for the thin for the thin plot it's a personal thing, and kind of depends on how much somebody emotionally invested in the characters in The First movie.

55 minutes ago, Jmcconnor said:

Yeah, whether or not the character-driven emotional Stakes make up for the thin for the thin plot it's a personal thing, and kind of depends on how much somebody emotionally invested in the characters in The First movie.

I feel if they were going for more of a character driven stakes than they should have spent more time at least developing the main leads. I found the character development very lacking. I love these characters and I struggled to get what was Anna and Elsa's character arc initially. All we have for Elsa is into the unknown telling us how she feels and nothing really for Anna.

Edited by Damien

ZL2 has a 2.69x multi atm and will end up with 2.71-2.72x

Date Rank Gross % Change Theaters Per Theater Total Gross Week
Oct 18, 2019 3 $26,803,104   3,468 $7,729   $26,803,104 1
Oct 25, 2019 4 $11,817,487 -56% 3,468 $3,408   $47,217,760 2
Nov 1, 2019 6 $7,424,626 -37% 3,337 $2,225   $59,381,788 3
Nov 8, 2019 9 $4,303,498 -42% 2,427 $1,773   $66,643,981 4
Nov 15, 2019 13 $1,932,300 -55% 1,407 $1,373   $70,315,547 5
Nov 22, 2019 17 $540,733 -72% 455 $1,188   $71,541,944 6
Nov 29, 2019 - $355,000 -34% 341 $1,041   $72,217,044 7

72.5-73 Dom + 45-47 OS = 117.5-120 WW on 48 prod budget with a large dom %.

• Thanks 1

DARK FATE will end a bit under 2.15x multi. Horrible legs and even after a low ow should have done better considering it was the best Terminator after T2 - the bar for that was too low though.

9 minutes ago, a2k said:

DARK FATE will end a bit under 2.15x multi. Horrible legs and even after a low ow should have done better considering it was the best Terminator after T2 - the bar for that was too low though.

I wonder if it is nearly impossible for a franchise title to get over a bad OW these days, it is a big part of the word of mouth, a lot of people will cross off a movie that didn't do well on OW according to the press.

10 hours ago, ElsaRoc said:

Zootopia getting a sequel  will require......

A Disney movie getting a sequel will require .... that licensing partners are willing to manufacture related products and advertise them at their own expense, thus also contributing to the budget for production and marketing of the movie (for Frozen I think Hasbro&Lego are enough to cover the entire budget...😁). In the case of Zootopia, whose merchandise sales for first movie are below zero because the revenues were lower than the production costs, no one would spend a cent. 

In the Pixar side, not by chance we have 3 Cars (+ 2 Planes) and 4 Toy Story: they are their higher selling brands.

3 minutes ago, edroger3 said:

A Disney movie getting a sequel will require .... that licensing partners are willing to manufacture related products and advertise them at their own expense, thus also contributing to the budget for production and marketing of the movie

Isn't that how licensing of franchise tend to work, you give the permissions to use the IP to a list of designated partner, they give you a percentage of the sale that use the imagery and that the whole story from the studio point of view.

Not sure, yet to happen sales contribute to the budget of the movie, having the face of your franchise everywhere the weeks of release do help marketing by itself yes obviously.

5 minutes ago, edroger3 said:

In the case of Zootopia, whose merchandise sales for first movie are below zero because the revenues were lower than the production costs, no one would spend a cent.

That sound really confusing to me, how merchandise sales be below zero, what is their link with the production cost ?

1 hour ago, a2k said:

Critics said so but not all fans agreed. Many said they thought it was the worst or second worst of the series 

• Like 1