Impact

Should I read the books before the movie?

No need. Might as well just watch the movie without having to make constant comparisons to the books, and then you can read 'em afterward to get more detail.

I'm not familiar with THG, but this is what I do as well. The movie is where I get the suspense and excitement, the book is where I get the detail and substance.

No need. Might as well just watch the movie without having to make constant comparisons to the books, and then you can read 'em afterward to get more detail.

Yeah IMO, I find it kind of annoying when people get upset if something changed from a book.Wizard of Oz and Mary Poppins-both are very diffrent from the novels but are considered classics. (MP is actually better then the novel even)

Umm... *thinks* Nothing real major doesn't make it in. Small things, mostly insignificant. Things were shortened for time, obviously. So you can't quite get the full emotions behind a lot of the things that you do in the book. But that always happens.

Bumping this to ask the same or similar question. I just saw THG movie and loved it but I'm iffy about reading the books for fear of them ruining the movies for me.I saw the first two Harry Potter movies before reading the books. Then between HP2 and HP3 I decided to read the books to see what happens next. That turned out to be a mistake because I loved the books, and became disappointed in the future movies when scenes/content from the books were cut or altered in the movies.

First, you should not fear that. A movie is a completely different medium, so it's inevitable that scenes will be cut or altered. Anyway, read the books. They're much simpler books to adapt than the Potters, so there won't be nearly as much cut ala GoF/OoTP/HBP.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

Bumping this to ask the same or similar question. I just saw THG movie and loved it but I'm iffy about reading the books for fear of them ruining the movies for me.I saw the first two Harry Potter movies before reading the books. Then between HP2 and HP3 I decided to read the books to see what happens next. That turned out to be a mistake because I loved the books, and became disappointed in the future movies when scenes/content from the books were cut or altered in the movies.

Read the first book then wait until you see the future movies before reading their respective novels. Problem solved.