Eric Lasagna

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

35 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

The trailer was so bad. Giving me Quantumania PTSD. Hope it is a good movie though.

Second weekend drop isn't gonna be pretty, it's the first MCU movie with legit competition in it's second weekend since... Spider-Man Homecoming?

What are you even talking about? How was the trailer ANYTHING like Ant-Man???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

Second weekend drop isn't gonna be pretty, it's the first MCU movie with legit competition in it's second weekend

Mockingjay Part 2 was the lowest grossing movie of that franchise. And the first movie made more, domestic and worldwide, than all four.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Mockingjay Part 2 was the lowest grossing movie of that franchise. And the first movie made more, domestic and worldwide, than all four.

I think Hunger Games will flop but it's still more competition in second weekend than any MCU movie in the last 5 years. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I think Hunger Games will flop but it's still more competition in second weekend than any MCU movie in the last 5 years. 

Eh I think Dune is more competitive, even if it comes out earlier. And it's been nearly a decade since the last movie.

I am not even convinced this is coming in November right now. They still could move it too May since DP 3 is not making that date if the strike goes as long as sounds like it will.  Or maybe they bring up CA: Brave New World again.  Or they could not be greedy ghouls and make a deal with the unions. Would solve a lot of problems

49 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I am not even convinced this is coming in November right now. They still could move it too May since DP 3 is not making that date if the strike goes as long as sounds like it will.  Or maybe they bring up CA: Brave New World again.  Or they could not be greedy ghouls and make a deal with the unions. Would solve a lot of problems

Why would The Marvels be affected by the strike? Filming is done.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Why would The Marvels be affected by the strike? Filming is done.

Yeah  it is done but they may decide to give up the November date and move to May since Deadpool 3 will  not be ready for that date. They probably won't but just like Covid the longer the strike goes the more it affects movie release dates. Any movie in production right now is not going to meets its current release date if this goes a long time. and they will start spreading out dates.. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah  it is done but they may decide to give up the November date and move to May since Deadpool 3 will  not be ready for that date.

...why would they move The Marvels because Deadpool isn't ready instead of...delaying Deadpool. Or just moving Cap 4 up to May again.

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

...why would they move The Marvels because Deadpool isn't ready instead of...delaying Deadpool. Or just moving Cap 4 up to May again.

I want them to move Cap 4 back to May cause it would be the funniest thing of all time

Okay y’all, Marvels is back to my #1 spot when it comes to my most anticipated films, Deadpool 3 can wait:

Ms-Marvel-071323-1.jpg

LOOK AT HER. LOOK AT MY DAUGHTER, THE FIRST MCU X-WOMAN. LOOK AT HER. I’m geeking out so hard right now HOLY SHIT.

"This was way scarier than joining the MCU for me," Vellani tells EW. "Those projects feel like they live in their own dimension, so I guess I can separate myself easier. But you can hold a comic book! I've never written anything before in my entire life, but I have read many comics, so I just wrote what I would want to read. I was given a very professional tool to write what is essentially my own fan fiction."

"I want to make it very, very clear that we are not reconning her Inhuman origin. That's a part of Kamala's identity that Marvel editorial and myself would very much like to keep and protect," Vellani says. "Our book will absolutely reflect all those core themes of identity that the Ms. Marvel comics have consistently explored — only now there's a whole new label that Kamala has to learn to accept. It's going to be pretty crazy."

Vellani continues, "Hopefully those readers who are kind of getting into the comics after the Disney+ show are are going to have something fun to look forward to on shelves."

"It was actually a very humbling experience to work with Iman, because she knows her comics even better than I do, and that is saying something," Pirzada says. "She was throwing out references to specific comics that came out before either of us were born. She has a very great eye for what makes for a good sequence on the page as drawn by an artist. It was very impressive to me to see her throw out all these references to different artists that she's been following through the years."

Iman is totally taking over the MCU and stealing Kevin Feige’s job twenty to thirty years from now. You heard it here first.

Also, @Cap you wanted your megaton to promote Ms. Marvel comics, you don’t get a bigger megaton than this. I legit think I will be buying my first physical comic book in 12 years, that’s how much I’m hyped for this.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1