chasmmi

BOT's Top Foreign Films of All Time Poll Deadline July 12th, for realsies this time, that is the final deadline

On 7/13/2020 at 7:50 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

I honestly wanna know what did I missed because I was so excited for the film and it took me nowhere. Fantasy is my favourite genre, on top of that Teen protagonist which I fully dig, yet it was ugh.

This almost felt similar to Shape of Water, with female lead dealing with fantasy part and a military asshole as villain. I found SoW better.

I'm with you.  SOW is horrible and PL is almost as bad imo.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

Ok, five lists left to add to the main Alpha List (all of which have a minimum of 50 films, so I have about 420 films left to input. 

So far the stats stand at: 

531 Different films have received votes

36 Different Countries Chosen (and more than 36 languages, but I am not tallying that specific)

10 different Decades have been represented (11 is there is something from the 1910s I am forgetting)

At least 1 absolutely ineligible film voted for (but it is easy to just let it slide unless it happens to somehow make the list which it won't. Also there is a tiny random chance that it is in fact a different possibly eligible film)

74 films that I have heard of

2 Serbian Films, but luckily neither was A Serbian Film which would have caused the whole thread to be nuked from orbit for being unclean. 

The North Korean classic Monster movie Bulgasari has been snubbed by everybody. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2020 at 7:54 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

Just gonna rank my IMDb 8 ratings in order I currently may deem fit but I might not be able to give them same ranking next time, even tomorrow.

Shit how can I miss My Name is Khan. That's like my Top 10 :apocalypse:

Edit: @chasmmi can something be done? I would have placed it at 8-10 most likely.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

34 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Shit how can I miss My Name is Khan. That's like my Top 10 :apocalypse:

Edit: @chasmmi can something be done? I would have placed it at 8-10 most likely.

Not at this point no as every place is set. and it would involve bumping down the points of every film in 12th., 15th, 20th etc.

(Spoiler, it would not have made the 100 either way) 

• Like 1